Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
(01-12-2018, 07:33 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: How is mtn vw any less of a vukobejina than 'tino exactly?

Because 'tino is on Wolfe Rd.    Wink
Actually, I was applying vukobejina to what lies outside my front door -- this banana republic we live in, not to any specific city.

I think I did see MK2 alone in 'tino, and recall feeling guilty for not tacking a review on after yours.  It was good.  Though China really needs to stop doing the Power Rangers thing where everyone grows gigantic for the final battle, as if that adds much to the drama.  Or was that in the book too?
I'm nobody's pony.
(01-12-2018, 11:13 PM)cranefly Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 07:33 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: How is mtn vw any less of a vukobejina than 'tino exactly?

Because 'tino is on Wolfe Rd.    Wink
Actually, I was applying vukobejina to what lies outside my front door -- this banana republic we live in, not to any specific city.

Or was that in the book too?

Well played. I feel ya on what lies outside more and more.

Going giant is in the book a lot. They’re demon gods, after all.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Not a trailer, but things to come.

Saliva dripping on the floor....
AGFA And Shaw Brothers Bringing 30 Hong Kong Classics Back To Cinemas

Get ready to enter the 36th Chamber Of Awesome.
  • The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)

• The Avenging Eagle (1978)

• Bastard Swordsman (1983, aka Reincarnate Swordsman)

• Black Magic 2 (1976, aka Revenge of the Zombies)

• Blood Brothers (1973, aka Dynasty of Blood)

• The Boxer’s Omen (1983)

• The Brave Archer (1977)

• Buddha’s Palm (1982, aka Kungfu Warlord)

• Come Drink With Me (1966)

• Crippled Avengers (1978, aka Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms)

• Dirty Ho (1979)

• The Duel (1971, aka Duel of the Iron Fist)

• The Eight Diagram Pole Fighter (1983)

• The Five Venoms (1978, aka Five Deadly Venoms)

• Golden Swallow (1968, aka The Girl with the Thunderbolt Kick)

• The Heroic Ones (1970)

• Holy Flame of the Martial World (1983)

• Human Lanterns (1982)

• Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan (1972)

• King Boxer (1972, aka The Five Fingers Of Death)

• Legendary Weapons of China (1982)

• Mad Monkey Kung Fu (1979)

• Masked Avengers (1981)

• Martial Arts of Shaolin (1986, aka Shaolin Temple 3)

• The Mighty Peking Man (1977, aka Goliathon)

• One-Armed Swordsman (1967)

• Shaolin Temple (1982)

• The Super Inframan (1975)

• Vengeance (1970, aka Kung Fu Vengeance)

• The Water Margin (1972, aka Seven Blows of the Dragon)

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/01/18/a...to-cinemas
I'm nobody's pony.
The Empty Hands (2017)
I'm nobody's pony.
I posted about this on KFM - http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...ost1306983

These are all high rotation Shaw Bro titles available on many streaming platforms. What makes interesting is the possibility of theatrical release. It would be great fun to see these on the big screen again. RZA has been performing live scores for 36 Chamber and they were talking about staging one here in SF - he was tapping me to be on a panel but it all feel through. There’s info on that KFM thread. That’s one of our better ones - worth the read.
(01-20-2018, 11:46 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I posted about this on KFM - http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...ost1306983

These are all high rotation Shaw Bro titles available on many streaming platforms. What makes interesting is the possibility of theatrical release. It would be great fun to see these on the big screen again. RZA has been performing live scores for 36 Chamber and they were talking about staging one here in SF - he was tapping me to be on a panel but it all feel through. There’s info on that KFM thread. That’s one of our better ones - worth the read.

Holy Flame of the Martial Art world is one of my favorite "WTF?" Kung-Fu movies.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
The Chinese actually translates into something like 'ancestral lineage 19 generation', but I kinda like the way they translated it here.  Tongue

I vote yes. Make mine Marvel.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ah, yes, Animal World, directed by Han Yan, who gave us 2015's wonderful Go Away Mr Tumor.

Or maybe not.  There seems to be three Han Yans on IMDB.

Could it be that a shoe salesman posted those three entries?

As for Animal World, I read that Michael Douglas trained hard for 16 months training in Performance Wushu so his action scenes would be up to snuff.

Just blathering...
I'm nobody's pony.
(01-31-2018, 01:18 PM)cranefly Wrote: Ah, yes, Animal World, directed by Han Yan, who gave us 2015's wonderful Go Away Mr Tumor.

Yep, and that was starring my good buddy, Daniel Wu.  It's another one of the Daniel Wu films that is in my queue, right before Geostorm.
Shouldn't every film ever made be right before Geostorm?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

yeah, pretty much.  

i gotz a long queue.   Blush