Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
Zatoichi vs. ???
I'm nobody's pony.
That was great!!!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow.
That looks terrible.
Can't wait to see it.
I'm nobody's pony.
Wow.
That looks hysterical.
Can't wait to see it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.

Not certain if this has been trailered here yet.
Kill Order
I'm nobody's pony.
I posted Kill Order on KFM but not here: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...Kill-Order.  

Meanwhile, now playing at AMC:
Hah!  When I saw a new post under movie trailers, I bet it was Monkey King 3.  I saw the trailer last evening while wandering youtube.  Looks solid.  Gosh, they do sylvan villages well.

Admittedly, when I see a new post under Japanese food, I don't know what the hell to expect.  I just make certain I'm not eating or drinking anything before clicking.
I'm nobody's pony.
Did u c MK2? I thot they nailed it. Best JttW so far. 

I’m so excited for this because they got the whole cast & team back. Tara comes home from college that night so maybe we’ll try and catch it before we go over because it won’t be playing in the Cruz.
(01-12-2018, 01:54 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Did u c MK2? I thot they nailed it. Best JttW so far. 
That's a trick question, right?  There's been so many versions of The Monkey King and sequels to each that I can hardly keep them straight.  I do think I've seen most of them.
As for MK2, the one prior to this one, I did see it.  We probably saw it together.  I know you said it was the truest to the text.  I hadn't realized that a demon-filled eatery was so central to the story -- since I never read the book.  (I was too busy tackling Romance of the Three Kingdoms with its hundreds of characters.)  I suppose I should read it.

And I'll very likely venture out into shithole-land to see MK3 at a theater.
I'm nobody's pony.
JttW is all about demons devouring Sanzhang.  He's so pure that eating him will give them immortality.  And the central irony is that he's protected by three demons.  Its's a big Buddhist metaphor actually.  

We didn't see it together or I would've made mention in my review: http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=3648 (yeah, I had to double check to remember).  

Tara doesn't arrive until 10PM that Friday and she's only here for the weekend (Prez Day + her parents' birthdays)  I doubt I can get her back over the hill to the film, but maybe I'll catch it while waiting for her.  I dunno.

How is mtn vw any less of a vukobejina than 'tino exactly?

(01-12-2018, 04:32 PM)cranefly Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 01:54 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Did u c MK2? I thot they nailed it. Best JttW so far. 
That's a trick question, right?  There's been so many versions of The Monkey King and sequels to each that I can hardly keep them straight.  I do think I've seen most of them.

Wait no.  That's not a trick question at all.  This is in regards to the MK3 trailer I posted so clearly it's the MK2 that preceded this one.  Don't confuse me so on a Friday night.