Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
For Nairobi!

--tg
The weekend was shining - one of those SF moments that steals your heart

And now it’s raining. 

Thinking about my fellow crew doing the load out. They were hoping to be out by Wednesday.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
2022 announced

Quote:GOLDEN GATE PARK • SAN FRANCISCO
GREEN
(DAY»)
•POST®
MALONE
iSZA.
JACK HARLOW
SWEEZER
* PHOEBE BRIDGERS&
LILUZIVERT&KALIUCHIS
DISCLOSUrE ‡ MITSKI
POLO & PAN + ANITTA
DOMINIC FIKE • OLIVER TREE
MAC DEMARCO • PUsHA T• MT. JOY
KIM PETRAS • LOCAL NATIVES
THE MARÍAS • LARRY JUNE • 100 GECS
PARCELS • DAYGLOW
PURPLE DISCO MACHINE • HIATUS KAIYOTE
WASHED OUT • ASHE • SURF MESA
WET LEG • SAM FENDER • ROLE MODEL
BABY TATE • THE BACKSEAT LOVERS
AMBER MARK • BEST COAST
FRANC MOODY • PUssY RIoT
DUCKWRTH • EMPRESS OF • ROSTAM
ZOE WEES • FAYE WEBSTER • GRIFF
ANNA LUNE • KENNYHOOPLA
MAXO KREAM • LIDO PIMIENTA
BRISTON MARONEY • SAMPA THE GREAT
DEL WATER GAP • ROBERT GLASPER
INNER WAVE • TYLA YAWEH
GLAIVE • THE BETHS • PETEY • ODIE
BENNY SINGS • THUY • MICHELLE
JELANI ARYEH - WILDERADO
CORY HENRY • THE EMO NIGHT TOUR
PAWPAW ROD • L'RAIN
CASSANDRA JENKINS • UNUSUAL DEMONT
FORESTER • THE BLSSM
SPELLING • TRE' AMANI
SPECIAL HOMETOWN PERFORMANCE
*ILLENIUM
SOMA
•TENT
CLAUDE VONSTROKE
DIXON
TOKIMONSTA
AbSOLUTE • AMÉMÉ-ANNA
AVALON EMERSON • BARRY CAN'T SWIM
CASSIAN • DJ MINX • DJ SEINFELD
ELLEN ALLIEN • INDIA JORDAN • J. WORRA
JOPLYN • MAJOR LEAGUE DJZ
MPHD bOR TIFFANY TYSON - PErEl
 I am unimpressed. No one that I know and haven’t seen. A lot of acts that I don’t know. But I’m still in especially if Tara is too.
I guage the festivals by their posters and how far down the list I get. I think I made it to line 3 with names I knew.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

People still care about Green Day?
the hands that guide me are invisible
Nostalgia's sake at this point?

As headliners go, Green Day, Post Malone and SZA do nothing for me. 

The only act I kinda want to see is PUssY RIoT, and that's just because I've not seen them before.

The rise of the SOMA Tent is annoying. That's all EDM. We checked it out last year and it did little for us.

This needs a nostalgia band, like Elton, Metallica, or McCartney...

[Image: desktopLineup1280.png]
Green Day is a nostalgia band now.
...fair...
(04-21-2022, 10:50 AM)King Bob Wrote: Green Day is a nostalgia band now.

Agreed.

Sampa the Great was on the Queen Sono soundtrack. I have a couple of Pussy Riot tunes on my playlists.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(04-21-2022, 01:28 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Sampa the Great was on the Queen Sono soundtrack. 

Nice catch. I’ll try to remember that.
I'm packed. I just spent the last half hour sorting my drugs. I remember a day when when the ol' drunk monk would do that and everything was illicit. Now I'm packing more drugs than ever and it's all legal scripts. I was very excited to hit up the new Little Kaiser pharmacy that opened downtown, right next to the MAH. So convenient. I used to have to go to Scott's Valley. I logged on to eKaiser last night and order my stash and got the text that it was ready for pick up this morning (some of my meds are controlled now so they cannot be mailed).

I'm very excited to get up to SF. I'll drop my stuff off at Tara's and we'll head down to BGC to pick up our credentials, then I'll take her and Bri out to dinner. Bri is going to go camping this weekend with Bottles. Apparently he didn't tolerate OSL very well last year. Ironically Bri is headed very close to where we'll be backpacking next week. 

I heard from some new friends I made at LiB. They're a power couple that works production. They'll be at OSL and I'm excited to reunite with them. We really bonded last year at LiB. they were the ones that dubbed me as 'the hippie wrangler' - first new nickname I'd got in years and I like it. 

Tara sent me a hit list of everyone she wants to see, color coded by how much she cares. I've decided that all I care about Pussy Riot and Planet Booty. PB are good friends of Patrick, KFM graphic artist, and they filmed a video in our studio with some of our martial arts hawties. I've yet to hear them play but I hear they're a riot - booty shakin funk. I'm down. 

Watch this space... more to come...
Weezer.

The bands you both metioned are about the only ones whose names I recognized in the lineup.
Tara was shocked that I hadn’t heard of Mitzki
She’s a Japanese American singer. Apparently she gets cited as the main Asian American musician in pop music right now and Tara is often asked if she likes her due to that. She doesn’t really but wants to see her just to be sure. Tar played some of her most popular stuff. Didn’t recognize any of it. 
She’s got a list of maybe 2 dozen bands that she knows in the line up. I wonder how many Terra knows…

Quote:What to wear to Outside Lands? Get the San Francisco weather forecast

NEWS  
"Typical summer weather" is in the forecast for San Francisco Friday through Sunday, when the annual Outside Lands festival will take over Golden Gate Park with musical acts, ranging from Green Day to Post Malone, performing on outdoor stages.
This means morning and evening fog with afternoon clearing is likely all three days, the National Weather Service said. Yes, you can count on some afternoon sun breaking through the trees and allowing you to take off your jacket and show off your cute outfit.  
In the afternoon, the onshore winds blowing off the Pacific Ocean will pick up, pushing in the fog. Winds up to 25 mph are possible around the city on Friday, and this could result in the fog rolling in by late afternoon. 
"Temperature wise it will be in the comfortable range, but when the breezes come in, it will be handy to have a jacket," Rick Canepa, a forecaster with the weather service's Monterey office said. ""Best chances of seeing the sun would be late morning to mid-to-late afternoon."
Friday is likely to be the the warmest day of the event with an afternoon high of 69 degrees in the forecast. On Saturday and Sunday the high is 68, the weather service said. The city will be a bit cooler than it was on Thursday when the mercury is expected to push above 70s degrees.