Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's my martial arts world
I know this guy's dad. He went to Shaolin Temple with me for both of Matt Polly's tour. He was a sleezy dude, but he gave me his sandal when I contracted cellulitis in '96 because my foot was too swollen to fit in a show (I had to return it to him which was our last interaction).

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizon...ge-student
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I don't know if it's legit to mention "Martial Artes" here (because it's so cheesy) but I have to share.

San Jose Swordfighting School
[url=https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/04/06/new-san-jose-swordfighting-school-promises-your-own-personal-game-of-thrones/][/url]

And that tattoo is all wrong. It should be gladius I think - nominative case as the subject of the sentence. Am I wrong there? And it says "the rest" (not declined correctly) not "others." That's "aliis." What a maroon.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Fick is OK. He successfully treads that line between teacher and entertainer. He built his community up and I've only heard positive things about him. The HEMA types can be very negative & cult-y (exactly like fencing coaches before the mid/late 90's).

My problem with the HEMA community overall is that there is a big streak of White, European Males Made Everything And Should Rule All Just Like In Medieval Days. Since I'm a big white guy, no problem for me.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Big white guys rule! All hail.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

All hail.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
But you both have bad knees, so there are downsides.
My knees aren't *bad* they're just *misunderstood*
God, I forgot about Mason Reese...Did anyone have this toy?

--tg
[Image: giphy.gif]

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(05-08-2023, 08:17 AM)thatguy Wrote: God, I forgot about Mason Reese...Did anyone have this toy?

--tg
Wow tg. That was fugged up. I gotta post it on KFM.

(05-23-2023, 04:00 PM)Greg Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Amatuer.

I can beat that... (watch until the end!)

No post for SF Kung Fu day tomorrow?
There's this
https://news.yahoo.com/kung-fu-day-comes...58951.html

I'll be there representin

I'm lookin forward to bustin out my tong snakehead attire and struttin about chinatown like a boss.
I saw it on the news last night - a shot of the press conference with an old guy doing some form, and then a sound bite from Rick(? I think) Wing. He had kind of an old New Wave guy look going.
Rick (aka Bucky) is my Kung Fu uncle. He’s got mad skills for someone of his (our) age. He’s also a good friend. I’m looking forward to hanging out with him. He came to TCEC but I wasn’t able to spend much time with him.