Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's my martial arts world

Martha did a covid PSA

--tg
That is awesome.

That is also not the way to sharpen a katana. That made me wince.

I do like her lighter commercial with Snoop.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(02-07-2023, 10:29 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: That is also not the way to sharpen a katana. That made me wince.

I thought the same

--tg
I hope all of the Mall Ninjas sharpen their swords this way
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
https://boingboing.net/2023/02/06/throwi...where.html

Quote:Throwing stars are now legal in Indiana, delighting mall ninjas everywhere

David Pescovitz
4:06 pm Mon  Feb 6, 2023 
Axe throwing bars has become quite popular! After all, what's not love about crowds of people throwing heavy sharp objects while drinking alcohol? For those who prefer a more "exotic" variation on the theme, apparently some of the axe throwing pubs are also offering throwing stars! An elegant weapon for a more civilized age, Japanese throwing stars, aka shuriken, are actually illegal in many part of the US, including California, New York, and, for the moment, Indiana. However, if the Hoosier State's Senate Bill 77 passes, throwing stars will become legal for recreational use there. 

Senate Bill 77 "actually came from a constituent who owns a putt-putt golf course called Ninja Golf," says [State Sen. Linda] Rogers. "Nearly everyone that I spoke with said, 'Hey, look, if we can throw axes, we can certainly throw throwing stars.'" […]

The bill already passed the Indiana Senate by a 48 to 1 margin. Next it goes to the State House. 

From WGN9:
Quote:"It's a double-edged sword," said Richard Deschain, co-owner of Ragnarok Axe Throwing LLC in Indianapolis. He said throwing star blades can get bent and hooked over, increasing someone's odds of getting cut.

"I would say the easiest way for that to have any kind of solution is to require a layered Kevlar glove to be worn when they're throwing any other object like a throwing star," he said.

"It's a double-edged sword,"

No it's not, it's a fucking shuriken

--tg
Mall Ninjas!

We have an axe throwing place in Oakhurst.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Quote:"It's a double-edged sword,"

No it's not, it's a fucking shuriken

--tg
Exactly.

But I've heard that the only effective defense against a thrown shuriken is a thrown double-edged sword.

And the only defense against a thrown double-edged sword is...

...a dichotomy.

I ask:  Can metaphors be far behind?
I'm nobody's pony.
Nice find tg. Totally poaching that for KFM.
I met a for, but I'd prefer a ten.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

The Girl From Wudang

AI generated art
There's going to come a time--perhaps in my liftetime--when we humans will just have to say, "I give up."
I'm nobody's pony.
That happened a while ago. Did you miss the memo? I think it was from chatGPT…
https://www.surfacemag.com/articles/ukra...ps-banksy/

Postage stamps raising funds for Ukrainian military efforts

Quote:The final stamp of the series doesn’t mince words—or visuals. It commemorates a mural Banksy recently stencil-tagged on a wall in Borodyanka, a small town about 30 miles northwest of Kyiv. In the mural, the anonymous British street artist depicts a judo match where a young boy flips an older man on his back—a sly reference to Russia president Vladimir Putin’s black belt in judo. The David-and-Goliath metaphor is clear enough, but Ukrposhta immortalized Ukraine’s steely resolve by adding the letters “FCK PTN” in Cyrillic in the stamp’s bottom left corner. 

[Image: ukraine-stamps-ukrposhta-banksy-e1677598115187.jpg]

—tg
Noice

Gonna poach this for KFM - thx!

HIDARI