Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
(10-29-2021, 11:06 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Have you hit Cheese Land yet?
 Nope. I think osl had a cheese land once but it was just one dumb booth with an expensive unimpressive tiny cheese platter...0
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Day 1 epilogue - Both Tara & I received ‘no show’ warnings via email. Tara got here at the show.

Our director came to osl from lax where the shooter threat closed it all down. He was right in the middle of that.

Due to last weekend’s bomb cyclone, steel (set up) lost two days so they were way behind. Hopefully we’ll have everything up and running by tomorrow night.
No show usually means people didn't show up. I think you mean warnings of hazards at the show. Punctuation is important.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(10-29-2021, 09:11 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Vampire Weekend LANDS END Saturday, Oct 30 6:30 PM - 7:40 PM
The Midnight PANHANDLE Saturday, Oct 30 7:45 PM - 8:30 PM
Lord Huron SUTRO Saturday, Oct 30 8:30 PM - 9:40 PM
ZHU TWIN PEAKS Saturday, Oct 30 8:35 PM - 9:50 PM

Not overly invested in anyone today. Will strive to walk less, eat more and snag more tchotchkes.
Inna house

Foggy mist. Very sf. This is what I planned for.

We were late to call time but the meeting was late so we were on time.
Cell towers overloaded

Haven’t been able to break they

Packed here more than ever

So many people

Vampire weekend now

They’re peppy

Been a good day. Mostly sitting on our assess and getting driven about 

Dali mask is killin it

The only act we really caught was Rico Nasty - a female rapper that Tara knew. Imagine Harley Quinn as a black rapper with two gremlin dancers. She had great energy and the crowd loved it. Big bass. Carried far and dominated the panhandle stage. 

There was a huge snafu with the food tickets which didn’t arrive until like 5pm. Crew wasn’t happy. 

There’s only one
Lizzo
Zhu
&
an asshole drunk that I lost patience with.

Tell ya more later maybe.

9.2 miles 7 floors wtf? I did so much less than yesterday and I only saved 0.8 miles? Wtaf?!
One sleep cycle. Maybe I can grab a second, or at least a fraction of a second. My legs are almost backpacking sore. Not only high mileage but constantly changing terrain.

Glad to have seen Lizzo. I hadn’t heard her gospel & funk side, which was on point. What a voice! And so funny and body positive. She works her cored. Much better than anticipated. We stood behind a gang of Meney Heisters that was more than a half dozen strong. Lizzo said we’d have to take a shot every time she said ‘bitch’ - that was a lot. Seeing three black female rappers over osl so far, I’ve heard that word an inordinate amount of times.

As we made it to Zhu, they were sampling Zep’s Kashmir (one of my fav songs) so that was fun to here at mega bass volume. A DJ with a drummer, a guitarist and maybe another musician. Decent as edm goes, some contrast between songs which is refreshing for this genre.

Been a great run. One more to go and this is the big finale... my favorite show night of the year. Halloween. Bella Ciao!

We didn’t run any notable calls yesterday except for the last one - a drunk (& likely high) dude who was a pain in the ass when we were leaving. I played bad cop to wake him up. He gave up his phone (which was dead) and OD (which contradicted the name he gave us) and claimed he came alone. I was ready to ship him to SF’s finest’s drunk tank but we got his phone powered up enough to reach his friend who was about 4-5 blocks from our pick up point. He peed on himself after we got him walking. We drove him there and Tara & I used it as an excuse to bail because it saved us a few blocks. Got home before midnight.
(10-29-2021, 09:11 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Brittany Howard LANDS END Sunday, Oct 31 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
RUFUS DU SOL LANDS END Sunday, Oct 31 6:00 PM - 7:10 PM
SOFI TUKKER SUTRO Sunday, Oct 31 7:00 PM - 7:50 PM
Marc Rebillet SUTRO Saturday, Oct 30 7:10 PM - 8:00 PM

It's really all about Brittany & Sofi Tukker today.
Women’s resistance revival chorus

22 women clad in white signing resistance anthems a capella

Sunday church

That was amazing! 2nd osl fav after Hu.

Cell towers overloading. Going radio silent soon...
Caroline policheck - Sweet voiced pop songstress. Sang a nice Alice in Wonderland song

Popular costumes - Velma , Holstein cows, skeletons (always) astronauts
2cb cost me Brittany. Bummer.
SOFI TUKKER! The funnest of osl. What they do is so simple musically but their energy is positive party.

Babbled at some drunk money Heisters playing mini golf with their shots of wine (dumb pairings). A lot of masks got confiscated because they were too hard. They are oppressing the resistance. 

Now at Kelani finishing out the Sutro. She’s okay
Got positioned at table service since there were so many calls for Tame Impala (more like lame impala).

Tara called me out on a jinxing ‘less likely to get puked on’ comment when we got there. She was right. Had to jump away to dodge out of being in the direct line of fire. 

Then there was a yoga call, a hella strong stubborn motherfucker who realized everyone was hypnotized. We got him in the cart but he literally kicked his girlfriend to the curb from a moving vehicle. I got him through with some yogic breathing and babble, plus some Ativan. Last patient of osl. Then Scotty gave us a ride to our doorstep, which was an awesome ending to a magical weekend. 

Tara and I had a deep soulful chat before turning in. She and Bri will be out tomorrow. Not sure when Stacy can pick me up. Maybe early first thing but probably late. I can work from here if need be.
(10-30-2021, 08:19 AM)Greg Wrote: No show usually means people didn't show up. I think you mean warnings of hazards at the show. Punctuation is important.

There was a glitch in RM's system that gave me a stern warning about not showing up. I got another one for yesterday. It's two or three strikes and you get blackballed, but this one, or two rather, were glitches. Registration was too preoccupied to log into the system and everyone got them. 

It was an amazing weekend. I got to spend so much quality time with Tara and that was truly wonderful. I got to see most of the acts I wanted to see, including the full sets of The HU and Sofi Tukker. I heard some new interesting acts, and avoided the lame ones for the most part. I also got to do some serious psych magik tricks with my singular flair and panache. Feeling a little blurry, as would be expected, but not too bad.

The Money Heist costume was really fun. People got into it - some strangers wanted to take photos. It mind fuqqed a few peeps. We are the RESISTANCE.

The Freshest: The HU
The Faithfulest: Resistance Revival Chorus
The Funnest: Sofi Tukker

Thank you OSL for another great festival!