Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Witcher (Netflix)
Thx!

Went with Irish female #2 but might switch to Indian. Bummed that there’s no Jamaican
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
And just like that, it was over. The show finally picked up some momentum for the last two episodes. There's a good fight scene in the penultimate episode and a good battle in the final episode. But it still feels like two different stories going on that are only loosely connected. Although a lot of good treachery in both storylines. I really need to find a story guide so I can kind of keep the different warring kingdoms straight.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

E5 had no sword fights or boobs so why the heck am I watchin Witcher?

Actually I found this ep more engaging. I got a bit lost in the characters because I’ve been juggling a few different shows and I got confused where I was for a bit, especially with the new snappy fire finger dude. Like who was he again? But I enjoyed the mind meld pensieve (such a poach form HP that it even made the same sound, and the creature from the crevice was good. And Yen made a great move to take out mr snappy fire finger dude. 

This is like LotR with F bombs.
Just one more ep to go. It did come together although I’m not clear on the details and I don’t care enough to go back for them. I get the gist enough to soldier on to the finale. That penultimate ep fight was good. Geralt can sell a right cross and execute a reasonable sword combo. I was entertained by the paralysis poisoning and the hard has finally grown on me. The cabin with legs had more potential. I’m ready for the finale.
(01-12-2022, 11:51 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: the hard has finally grown on me.

Even without the nudity?

Spellcheck knows me too well.

Yen is hawt but I meant bard.
Nice finish. A little mcu ‘the snap’, a little standing on the battlements ala Deathly Hallows (hp factor 1 btw Romilda Vane), a little lotr nazgul. Kinda got confused by the Disney death but whatever. I guess Yen just does that in every season finale. The final mcguffin was good. 

The credits preview with Michelle as an elf was great. 

This is what the brotherhood could be if there was magic in the world. D00M recommended for that reason. 

I’m in for season 3.

Watched The Making of for s2. It was okay. Nice to see the actors out of character.

Also watched The Bestiary p1. Better than expected. It explores the mythical roots of the monsters. That narration was a bit cheesy but it got into some myths I hadn’t heard and I love monster myths. I also didn’t realize how seriously the Middle East is about djinns.

I saw that but it was on an fb post and I couldn't cut&paste it here from my phone. Kudos on finding it on twit. 

Very Three's Company. I'd watch it. 

I must say that Ciri's performance in the finale was solid.
I enjoyed Season II even more than Season I. The elves are a wee bit whiney, though, aren't they?

I also enjoyed the animated prequel.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
The Witcher: Season Three teaser
Releases June 29

The Witcher Season 3 Full Trailer.

Nice.

Damn, I'm gonna have a lot ot watch next month...
I like to watch.

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's been weird for me lately. I like to watch TV too but now it's literally my job sometimes. That feels different. Mind you, I'm not complaining., just observing.