Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mulan
Despite the controversy surrounding the film, mainly about thanking the province of China where the Uighur concentration camps are located, I guess Mulan did make a few bucks for the corporate parent.

Yahoo Finance Wrote:Disney (DIS) took a calculated risk releasing its live-action “Mulan” remake on streaming service Disney+ — which new data suggests is paying off.
According to exclusive figures provided by analytics research firm 7Park Data, nearly 29% of U.S. households that subscribe to Disney+ purchased the $30 “Mulan” film through September 12th — far surpassing other popular (and free) titles on the platform.
During the company’s last earnings report, Disney said that the streaming platform has amassed over 60 million global subscribers. Assuming that U.S. households make up 50% of that total base (Disney has not yet broken out the exact number of U.S-based subscribers), 7Park’s data suggests that roughly 9 million users purchased the “Mulan” film for $30 a pop (29% of our estimated 30 million users.)
Under that scenario, net profits would pile up to $261 million for U.S. markets alone — and that’s on the conservative side.
[Image: d67b5980-f858-11ea-bebd-19896206c5cc]
(Source: 7Park)

Still, no matter how you slice it, the end result is a whole lot of cash for Disney — which will now maintain 100% of the profits verse a traditional theatrical release where box office revenue is normally split with theater chains.
Furthermore, Sensor Tower, an app download research firm, told Yahoo Finance that downloads of Disney+ spiked 68% from Friday, September 4 through Sunday, September 6, compared to one weekend prior.
Consumer spending in the app also spiked 193%, Sensor found, which can be attributed to customers paying the one-time $30 “Mulan” access fee.
To note, Disney has not yet provided any official numbers when it comes to “Mulan’s” performance, although CFO Christine McCarthy said the company is “very pleased” with what they’ve seen so far.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I am now a member of the Mulan Club. Yay, me. I would like to point out I have personally met two of the cast members of this film!

The film didn't really seem connected to me as there wasn't much flow between the scenes. Maybe it hurt that I knew where everything was going. Although I did like the opening chase the chicken scene.

I agree a lot with what DM said especially with anyone confusing Mulan for a boy. I think they should have brought out how the soldiers were much more comrades than was shown so the end would have been more effective. Just giving the rousing "I will protect you speech" didn't really do it. Although the tag line was really funny.

Oddly, tQ liked the film more than I.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm