Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBD Greg
Happy birthday, Greg.
Unless your dad was correct, and this is belated.
I'm nobody's pony.
Happy Greg Day!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
For the birthday, I used some of my birthday money (That is totally a thing and I am not 12), to buy myself a negative scanner. I hear you ask two questions: Don't you already have a negative scanner and who the hell still has negatives? Yes, I already own a very expensive negative scanner back when people just started converting their negatives to digital. It was expensive because it was new. Now they are cheap because that wave has passed. The majority of photos these days are digital.

When my father passed away, I went through some of his stuff and found an enormous cache of old negatives from the 1970s. The problem is and was my negative scanner is made for 35mm. The cache was mostly 110 with a few 126 thrown. They didn't really make a good adapter to scan those negatives. Until now. Kodak makes a cute little easy to use scanner that makes really quick work of scanning the old negs. It even does some basic color correction.

My first thought after looking at these found photos is that my father and I were horrible photographers. And that the cameras we used were horrible. But, in amongst the chaff there was still a little bit of wheat. The big find of the day was of Scapino from 1978 or so next to his Pinto. And I don't want to suffer here by himself, so I'm posting a picture of me from my Kennedy Junior High School Graduation. I'm guessing 1977. It was held at Flint Center, so that is the Flint Center Courtyard behind me. I believe a classic film was made there.....

[Image: kenGould1979.jpg]

[Image: gregGrad.jpg]
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

"Thank you sir, may I have another?"

HBD, Greg

--tg
TTT42022

Have a great day, Greg!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Happy birthday, Greg.  May you have a great day.
I'm nobody's pony.
Yer old.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
We're all old.

For the record, I'm wearing my Bad Ass Bunny shirt today in your honor, Greg.

Even this shirt is old...
Yeti is older.

Have a good day. I'll use some tools in your honor.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(06-26-2022, 12:09 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: We're all old.

For the record, I'm wearing my Bad Ass Bunny shirt today in your honor, Greg.

Recycling for 2023

Quote:We're all old.

For the record, I'm wearing one of my Vegas Dead shirts today, which has nothing to do with you, Greg.

Well which shirt are you wearing?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Keep your fetish to yourself! And happy birthday.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Hey oldie oldster, happy birthday. Here’s a web site to help adjust your perspective: 

https://you.regettingold.com

—tg
Happy Old Day, you Oldie Oldster
Belated belated belated HBD, Greg.
I'm nobody's pony.