Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Covers
(01-08-2024, 06:26 PM)thatguy Wrote: They're pretty awesome...check out this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1ntH0q...Cw&index=1

--tg
 Los hitters and Los Beatniks are outstanding! So much “garage” from South of the Border!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.

Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - My Sweet Lord
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Chiquitita
Sinead 

Go your own way
Dolores O’Riordan

I do not have high hopes for this:

https://boingboing.net/2024/02/01/stop-m...ibute.html

Quote:Linda Lindas, Toro y Moi, and The National covering Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" in its entirety (video)

David Pescovitz
12:38 pm Thu  Feb 1, 2024 
On the heels of the remastered release of Talking Heads' classic concert film Stop Making Sense, movie producers A24 are releasing an album featuring contemporary artists covering the entire soundtrack. 

The perfectly-titled Everyone's Getting Involved A Tribute to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sensewill feature Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Paramore, The National, BADBADNOTGOOD, Blondshell, the Cavemen., Chicano Batman featuring Money Mark, DJ Tunez, El Mató a un Policía Motorizado, girl in red, Jean Dawson, Kevin Abstract, the Linda Lindas, Teezo Touchdown, and Toro y Moi.

Below is Paramore's take on "Burning Down the House."

(via Spin)

--tg
Those are tributes always worth one listen. I hope Lorde does Life during wartime or Genius of love.
Blank Space

Going back to the "Stop Making Sense" post, The National might be good. They were pretty good on the "Day of the Dead" tribute:

the hands that guide me are invisible
I&I 'ear yuh Desmond Dekker and raise yuh a BMW on Bob's birthday.

(02-06-2024, 08:34 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I&I 'ear yuh Desmond Dekker and raise yuh a BMW on Bob's birthday.

I don’t think that version would work any better here:

—tg
Unusual more for the choreography than the music. I guess there was a lot of cocaine back then...

--tg
(02-03-2024, 12:19 AM)thatguy Wrote: I do not have high hopes for this:

https://boingboing.net/2024/02/01/stop-m...ibute.html

Quote:Linda Lindas, Toro y Moi, and The National covering Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" in its entirety (video)

David Pescovitz
12:38 pm Thu  Feb 1, 2024 
On the heels of the remastered release of Talking Heads' classic concert film Stop Making Sense, movie producers A24 are releasing an album featuring contemporary artists covering the entire soundtrack. 

The perfectly-titled Everyone's Getting Involved A Tribute to Talking Heads' Stop Making Sensewill feature Miley Cyrus, Lorde, Paramore, The National, BADBADNOTGOOD, Blondshell, the Cavemen., Chicano Batman featuring Money Mark, DJ Tunez, El Mató a un Policía Motorizado, girl in red, Jean Dawson, Kevin Abstract, the Linda Lindas, Teezo Touchdown, and Toro y Moi.

Below is Paramore's take on "Burning Down the House."

(via Spin)

--tg

Paramore
Burning Down the House

IMO that follows the original too closely. I want to hear some original insight.

That thought made me think of this (which may annoy DM, although he should be glad I'm not posting the techno remix)-

(02-13-2024, 10:33 AM)King Bob Wrote: That thought made me think of this (which may annoy DM, although he should be glad I'm not posting the techno remix)-

Ha

I kinda like some of the techno remixes of Bob.
Prolly won't invest in this tho...

Quote:BOB MARLEY: ONE LOVE (MUSIC INSPIRED BY THE FILM) DELUXE ALBUM – track listing:
  1. Bloody Civilian – “Natural Mystic”
  2. Skip Marley – "Exodus"
  3. Daniel Caesar – “Waiting in Vain”
  4. Kacey Musgraves – “Three Little Birds”
  5. Wizkid – "One Love"
  6. Jessie Reyez – “Is This Love”
  7. Leon Bridges – “Redemption Song”
  8. Farruko – Rasta Reggae (Jamming)
  9. Mystic Marley – “Misty Morning”
  10. Shenseea – “No Woman No Cry’

[Image: BMOLDeluxeList.png]