Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Covers
It’s been getting a lot of airplay but it sucks. It upsets me whenever it comes on the radio.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Someone You Loved
R2D2
the hands that guide me are invisible
(12-05-2023, 11:44 AM)King Bob Wrote:

That was good. I still lean towards the Residents' cover as my fav, but this one is very close...

Fairytale of New York.

Now, that i've heard this song about a thousand times in the wake of Shane McGowan's death, I think I am finally seeing why people like this song so much. I really like this version from McGowan's funeral.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Tarja
Frosty the Snowman

Batman smells!

—tg
The Pirate Song - George Harrison

--tg
I can't find any info on  the artist, but I liked this version:
This one's for DM. Mystic Bowie was (is?) part of the Tom Tom Club for 20+ years.

(01-02-2024, 10:55 AM)King Bob Wrote: This one's for DM. Mystic Bowie was (is?) part of the Tom Tom Club for 20+ years.

Seen! At SNWMF

(06-23-2017, 01:30 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Talking Dreads - my fav act of all.  Thanks for the heads up on dis 'ere scorcha, tg.  Loved them.  The lead singer is from the Tom Tom Club and their reggae reinterpretations were spot on - old skool riddems and ska.  Still Waiting - a classic cocaine song - morphed into a perfect pot song.  And they did Janis' Take a Little Piece of my Heart, and the Dead's Shakedown Street.  I will buy their CD when it's ready.  Would've bought it right then and there, which I only do when a band really gets me moving.  Next time they come through the Cruz, I'm there.  
New discovery...

--tg
(01-08-2024, 01:58 PM)thatguy Wrote: New discovery...

--tg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, the Greatest Band to Ever Have Lived!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
They're pretty awesome...check out this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1ntH0q...Cw&index=1

--tg