Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kung Fu reboot on the CW
I think it's great. It's probably the best depiction of martial arts and martial artists ever!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(03-31-2021, 09:05 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: .
I'll just bite my tongue here. The whole backstory of Shaolin is annoyingly sideways. 

SF Chinatown is okay. It looks like they did some location shots... just enough. I haven't lived there in a quarter century so I'll default to the Yeti's opinion of this part. More tongue biting

Don't even get me started on the Kung Fu of Kung Fu

Okay, I'll bite through my tongue if I don't. 
Once more serendipity lifts its ugly head.

Yesterday (when the above was writ) I went to the dentist to have a porcelain thingy installed.  The big topic of discussion was my bit tongue.  It was a bad bite.  At first I denied biting it; someone else must have snuck in there and done it.  That didn't fly, so then I claimed I'd gotten hungry in the night and didn't want to get up and raid the fridge.  Eventually I had to confess that I forgot to wear my night guard, and I must have bitten it.  "Does this happen a lot?" was the question of the day.  No, only when my tongue gets in the way of my teeth.

There continued to be discussion of it, because it was a bad bite.  I don't know how I did it, or exactly when, but it occurs occasionally, and is embarrassing when it happens shortly before I head to the dentist.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.
I'm nobody's pony.
On two separate occasions before the age of 7, I bit completely through my tongue.

"Bite the other guy. Don't get bit." I don't know why this popped into my head because I've been bit more than any of you (four times last count - a hazard of working with trippers). When I thought of it, it was totally in the voice of STRO.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Stro = Wisdom for the Ages. Or just for violence.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Dammit. Yet another story you cheated me out of.

When I bite myself, it's my scars from braces on my cheeks. I have a lot of scars inside my mouth from braces. It left these flaps of connective tissue that I bit occassionally. It's been that way for like 40 years. 

Stro used to say 'Hit the muthafucka. Don't get hit.' We didn't tell you that story because we saved the best ones for DM & the Yeti.
Quote:DM & the Yeti

Now that's a buddy film I'd watch...

[Image: 02d40ed70e12f96d42b71a7c4afefbce.jpg]

--tg
The $6M man was my fav show growing up. It lost me when the Bigfoot plot came in.
The Bigfoot storyline was so unpopular they only did five of them.......

I think I visited Universal Studios for the tour with the family about this time. And was excited to see all these backlot locations turn up on $6M Man show particularly the rotating tunnel.

I visited Universal and was in the rotating tunnel too. 

Cassidy was a better Bigfoot than Andre. Lurch FTW.

I read all four Cyborg books by Martin Caidin. I loved that whole bionic franchise when I was in middle school. 

Getting back on topic, did you know there were more episodes of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues than there were of the original Kung Fu show? These facts - and more - you'll read about when my Den piece drops on this. 

Here's a DOOM eyes only fact: Did you know that for some weird reason, I have the soundtrack CD of KF:TLC in my collection?
Going back off topic, I loved the 6M $ Man, but I think I have more love for the Hulk. My dad liked the Hulk too. (Actual quote: "That Hulk [show] is pretty far out but it's alright." He used to use alright to mean good.)
the hands that guide me are invisible
(04-03-2021, 08:35 PM)King Bob Wrote: Going back off topic, I loved the 6M $ Man, but I think I have more love for the Hulk. My dad liked the Hulk too. (Actual quote: "That Hulk [show] is pretty far out but it's alright." He used to use alright to mean good.)

I can hear that in Otis' voice. I liked your dad.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Fun Fact: What the hell is Kung Fu: The Legend Continues?

Looking forward to enjoying Kung Fu on the CW even if it doesn't have Bigfoot.

(04-04-2021, 03:23 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 08:35 PM)King Bob Wrote: Going back off topic, I loved the 6M $ Man, but I think I have more love for the Hulk. My dad liked the Hulk too. (Actual quote: "That Hulk [show] is pretty far out but it's alright." He used to use alright to mean good.)

I can hear that in Otis' voice. I liked your dad.

Likewise

(04-04-2021, 06:22 AM)Greg Wrote: Fun Fact: What the hell is Kung Fu: The Legend Continues?

You're gonna be sorry you asked...

(04-04-2021, 06:22 AM)Greg Wrote: Looking forward to enjoying Kung Fu on the CW even if it doesn't have Bigfoot.

That would redeem this show. Either Bigfoot or more Tzi Ma.