And of course his cover of the Nevilles:

the hands that guide me are invisible
I don't know what to call this genre

https://boingboing.net/2023/03/03/the-ga...ildos.html

--tg
(03-04-2023, 11:28 PM)thatguy Wrote: I don't know what to call this genre

https://boingboing.net/2023/03/03/the-ga...ildos.html

--tg

I don’t know either but I’d like to hear a version of Pretty Woman this way…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

—tg
Bagpipes have a G scale with a flat 7th, so you could probably do a lot of rock songs that way.
I recommend The Snake Charmer for your rock & roll bagpipe needs
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I used to have a chanter, but sadly no longer. I think I got rid of it since I hadn't played it in years. Of course now I regret it.
I think I said this back in the Number Nine days, but it is my philosophy that every band should write their own song called "Freebird" so that when audiences shout it out (probably in jest) you could play it as a request. 

--tg
That was fun.

I worked Lynyrd Skynyrd at shoreline. It was one of the worst shows I ever worked. There were only three of us and it was a drunken slosh of a crowd. Guys in trucks with confederate banners. Worked my ass off for ornery rednecks. At the end, when the encore was coming, the audience yelled ‘freebird!’ and I almost fell over laughing. That joke hit home.

Taylor Swift - This Is What You Came For (Audio)
Why is that so faint? It's like a ghost wrote it.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I copied the text off YouTube and didn’t bother to change the color (my screen settings are always on the dark side).

Meanwhile…

Under my thumb - Susanna Hoffs
Question #2. This is what you came for is a Taylor Swift song written using a pseudonym. How is that a cover?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

This is what I came for is Riri

Taytay wrote it with Calvin Harris but didn’t sing on it because they were in a relationship at that time and  T-swizzle didn’t want to besmirched her image anymore (haters gonna hate). That was the original version with Miss Americana, not the pop charter everyone knows by Ree.

Did you listen to it? Surely you can tell the diff.