Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Covers
That reminded me of this - Beck: Stagolee, on a Mississippi John Hurt tribute album

the hands that guide me are invisible
(02-17-2023, 09:15 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:

Beck - Old Man

Dude! Please see September 22, 2022 on this thread.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Without a link, this is a yeti-level riposte (aka 4M weak)
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm pretty sure the Yeti level riposte would crush us.

Speaking of Yetis, I saw a low-budget Yeti impersonator today. Same approximate size and build and facial hair, but his ride was a Vespa.
the hands that guide me are invisible

—tg
(02-18-2023, 03:57 PM)King Bob Wrote: Speaking of Yetis, I saw a low-budget Yeti impersonator today. Same approximate size and build and facial hair, but his ride was a Vespa.

Accept no substitutes!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Now I'm trying to visualize a top shelf yeti impersonator and all I'm getting is Harry Potter in drag...

Blondie - Ring Of Fire
(02-21-2023, 09:25 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Now I'm trying to visualize a top shelf yeti impersonator and all I'm getting is Harry Potter in drag...

The mind goes where the heart lives.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(02-21-2023, 10:25 AM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 09:25 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Now I'm trying to visualize a top shelf yeti impersonator and all I'm getting is Harry Potter in drag...

The mind goes where the heart lives.

[Image: miracle-workers.gif]

The internet is a dark, dark place...
I Won't Back Down by Miraculous Love Kids. And some stars.

Not a cover, but...

Quote:Kermit the Frog singing 'Rainbow Connection' with Choir! Choir! Choir!

Rusty Blazenhoff5:05 am Mon  Feb 27, 2023 
Lovers, dreamers, and Kermit the Frog joined Choir! Choir! Choir! for a rousing sing-along of "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. This group performance was the kickoff celebration for the new David Geffen Hall at New York City's Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

Quote:In a Songfacts interview with Williams, he said: "Rainbow Connection was the first number in The Muppet Movie. It's the one that establishes the lead character. We find Kermit sitting in the middle of the swamp. Kenny Ascher and I sat down to write these songs, and we thought… Kermit, he's like 'every frog.' He's the Jimmy Stewart of frogs. So how do we show that he's a thinking frog, and that he has an introspective soul, and all that good stuff? We looked at his environment, and his environment is water and air – and light. And it just seemed like it would be a place where he would see a rainbow. But we also wanted to show that he would be on this spiritual path, examining life, and the meaning of life.
It tells you that he's been exposed to culture: 'Why are there so many songs about rainbows?' Which means, obviously, he's heard a lot of songs. This is a frog that's been exposed to culture, whether it's movies, or records, or whatever. And I also like the fact that it starts out with the negative: 'Rainbows are only illusions, rainbows have nothing to hide.' So the song actually starts out as if he's going to pooh-pooh the whole idea, and then it turns: 'So we've been told, and some choose to believe it. I know they're wrong, wait and see.' And again, he doesn't have the answer: 'Someday we'll find it.'"
Quote:--tg

Werewolves of London
David Lindley
That was great. I only remember Mercury Blues. Now I gotta go find some more of his music.
Plenty more where that comes from. 

Papa was a Rolling Stone - David Lindley
I was hoping to find a live version of this instead of the studio version. When David cut into this live, it was absolutely wicked.