The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belatedly educating self on music of all ages
Hang with people who know more and like to talk about it and absorb what they know. It works.

I used to be very ignorant about music. Since Greg and I have been together, I've developed an appreciation for most genres and have gone from very ignorant to only mildly retarded. Big Grin I used to only listen to AM news, NPR and/or audio books and now I've got an iPod shuffle (and thanks again for that present, sweetie -- never would have asked for it and can't imagine how I ever lived without it!) jam packed with a very wide ranging mix.

I still feel pretty stupid and there are plenty of "classics" I'm sure I've missed, and of course there's still plenty of music I just can't get into and won't like no matter how much I learn about it, but I've learned to never say never. You should have seen how excited I was the day that ED posted something about Flaming Lips and I not only recognized the band's name but had actually just listened to "Do You Realize" on my iPod -- I was just thrilled to be able to say, hey, I know that one!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Messages In This Thread