The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Meats We Eat
Actually, it was my Shaolin monk master who taught me to eat scorpions properly. He saw me eat a whole one, then he rather discreety directed my attention to a small pile of stingers he had gathered next to his plate. I got the message. The stingers aren't eating because they are very sharp and I remember one person getting one stuck in their gums. All the poison is fried out though, so it's just a matter of them being stickery.

For the record, scorpions are usually served on a plate of shrimp chips. You know those pork-rind like chips that are usually white, yellow and pink. It sort of gives them this surreal landscape to sit upon. Note that with CF's exmaple, they were served on a similar food substance, but in the shape of fried noodles instead of chips.

Scorpions taste a lot like Hawaiian potato chips, crunchy, salty, and greasy. They've very addictive. A friend of mine from NC says they taste like a local delicacy called Livermunch, which is some sort of canned meat that is fried.

It's also worthy of note that there are scorpion farms where they breed scorpions just like we breed chickens, pigs and cows, for the meat. I've seen footage of these farms, which are usually dark cellars. But I've also heard of people breeding them in their closets as a side source of income.

The first time I realized that scorpions were a delicacy in China was when I was travelling across country by bus. I saw these ramshackle restaurants, built of brick and straw, the equivalent of roadside diners, I imagine. Like medieval shoppes, they had hand painted murals of their offerings and many had huge pictures of scorpions on plates. I had to see several of them before I could beleive it.

I've seen two kinds of scorpions served. The one that I like is what CF has shown. The other one I've seen served on the streets of Dengfeng. It's a larger scorpion, the size of your hand, and it's served on a skewer like a popsicle. I confess, that one is beyond me. Nevertheless, I think all of you so called carnivores are in fact meat pussies, shallow nibblers who can't really stomach real blood meat, who've never been to a slaughterhouse, never seen the animal die just before it's cooked and served to you, piddly wimps who prefer factory-farmed, drug-processed poulty, pork and beef that doesn't even taste like an animal anymore and don't even look the dead beast in the eye when eating it. Might as well eat mcnuggets if you're going to go that route. wimps. Tongue
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread