The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ip Man
Just rewatched this for a piece I'm working on. Actually I already finished it - a short write-up for the next issue of Den - but my editor wanted an expanded piece for web. 

It was a good rewatch. A great one. It's such a classic now. The fight choreo is so sharp. Donnie's wushu spin on Wing Chun kicks ass. I liked the whole feel of the film, the elaborateness of rich Shanghai followed by the squalor of its occupation. 

The wife plays an important role, one that every practitioner grapples with if married. And it's played out as a romantic fantasy - oh she complains but she'll come around when I save face for Fo Shan. It's every martial artists' dream to have a beautiful spouse who takes care of your kid while you're out fighting for justice, and who cleans up your wounds, and most importantly, who gives you the green light to kill everyone - to unleash the beast. 

The northerner Greg liked was Louis Fan. And he does have his own movie. Several. His most famous which every D00Mer should recognize is Ricky O.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread