The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sierra Nevada World Music Festival @ Boonville
I've seen my share of cancelled festivals but never one cancelled 5 days before showtime. 

Quote:Sierra Nevada World Music Festival canceled
Organizers cite low ticket sales and “financial challenges” for pulling the plug.|[/url]

[url=https://www.pressdemocrat.com/dan-taylor/]DAN TAYLOR

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
June 17, 2024, 11:25AM

Updated 1 hour ago
The Sierra Nevada World Music Festival, scheduled to run Friday through Sunday at the Mendocino County Fairgrounds in Boonville, has been canceled due to low ticket sales and “extreme financial challenges,” according to the event’s web site.
Festival organizers stated online that they will do everything possible to issue refunds, and will keep ticket buyers informed through newsletters and social media posts.
Festival founder Warren Smith died on Jan. 11, 2021. His widow, Gretchen Franz Smith, strove to continue the event.
Established in 1994, the festival ran annually until 2019. The event returned last year after a five-year hiatus. This year’s gathering had been scheduled to present 35 acts over three days.

So far this year - Skulls & Roses, Lucidity, SNWMF, and I hear High Sierra (which I've never attended) is on its last legs. Canaries in the coal mine?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread