The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
Still got my wristband on. Gonna keep it for a few days to savor the fest. Twas a great one.

Pussy Riot was like a sexy bookend to Planet Booty, although more shocking. I’ve seen plenty of twerking dancers but when one of the ladies dropped trou for it, it took on a new level. Heavy BDSM imagery. Dildos, whips, collars, butt plugs (now usurped by EEAAO) Glad to have seen them but wouldn’t go out of my way for them.

I could hear a muddled Weezer whilst in main Med talking down some acute cannabis gals (more on them later) amidst the screaming teen girl, the drunken dude with facial lacs who kept kicking over folding chairs and the constant retching of multiple vomiters. It was chaos but I hid in my little tie dyed psych corner with my canna-gals.

Mitzki (sp?) was unimpressive and didn’t deserve to close Sutro stage - small crowd, like a weak Kate Bush. 

Illenium was our final act at Twin Peaks (couldn’t get over to Post Malone). I worked Illenium at LiB where I was in the pit - it was midday hit and I was unimpressed. But at night with his lasers, video phoenixes, and pyro - it was pretty cool -plus he’s San Franciscan so the crowd showed. I reassess my opinion - he’s good EDM. Fun. Visual. Even had some nice contrast in musical ideas. 

Once again we couldn’t eat all our food vouchers. So stuffed. RM gave us 3 $17 vouchers per day and $17 was the going rate for a good plate (plus Rm has its own snack zones - I eat so many damn chips with Rm). Tara tried to buy us coffees at falcon something - we went for it with the extras to try to use up all $17 and then they said ‘rock Med is free!’ Our last meal was om sabor which was Indian fusion (I think they’re in Hayes valley?) I had the masala fried raviolis which were delish - just perfect for a finsh.

We both are really well. Interesting and tasty. Nutritious even. Tara s fav was her taco flight from cosmic vegan - one taco was pickled hibiscus flowers. My pick was the Oaxacan nachos with grasshoppers. 

Ok enuf for now. Time for sleep. I should really write but I can’t rally my thoughts beyond savoring weekend memories. Tinnitus is still at 11…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread