The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBD DM
(02-28-2017, 12:00 PM)Greg Wrote: Guinness makes Whiskey

Quote:The team at Diageo, the company behind Guinness, has been taking a break from downing pints at the pub to focus on making Roe & Co, a blended whiskey that will debut next week, just in time for St. Paddy's Day. Master blender Caroline Martin spent two years sampling, blending and aging Irish whiskeys in bourbon casks to find the right balance, which, according to the company, has a creamy nose with "notes of soft spice and mellow spun sugar along with warm hints of woody vanilla."

RELATED   Sip America's Favorite Spirit at These 8 Boozy Hot Spots »
While limited bottles will be available in select European markets starting next week, large-scale production won't start until early 2019, VinePair notes. When it does, the whiskey will be made at a new distillery on the site of an old Guinness plant in Dublin, which was a longtime neighbor of Ireland's one-time largest whiskey producer, George Roe, the namesake of the new brand.
No word yet on when the bottles might make it to the U.S., but for those visiting Europe, we're sure a bottle would fit nicely into your suitcase.

Woah - it's 2019. Where's that Guinness Whiskey?

Well, it was the worst birthday ever.  EVER.  

The day was spent seeing to my mom's medical needs:
http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4836

Still a bit sore from moving furniture this week:
http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4847

It wasn't until after sundown until I could grab a moment and celebrate by myself.  My mom fell asleep.  She's in so much pain and so heavily medicated that she only acknowledged my birthday twice - once when we were filling out a form, and once when I shared some sugar-free cookies that Stacy gave me yesterday for today.  I don't blame her for that - my mom is the only person alive that was there when I was born.

Tara called. We had a great chat for about an hour. She's studying the Last Emperor period of China, a topic I know a lot about because it was so pivotal for Kung Fu.  She's watching Shaolin Soccer tonight, turning one of her besties on to it (the one who is a fan of my TV show), in my honor.  

Then I watched ST: TNG: S5E3 'Ensign Ro' I hung out with her (Michelle Forbes) for about a week in '99. She was a pupil of Shi Yanming, who hosted me for a week in Manhattan, to produce two cover stories (one for our mag and one for IKF - this was back when I was freelance).  It was a great gig.  I also hung out with Rosy Perez, and later met RZA through him.  But I remembered Michelle from the ST, and she was totally cool (and hot when she didn't have that Bajoran prosthetic).  We had several dinners, drinks, and even went to the NY MoMa together, which was super fun. When we parted, she said she was sure we'd meet again, but we never did.  I saw her in Mockingjay and it took me two viewings until I realized who she was. 
http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...5#pid22575
Reflecting on seeing this episode again on my birthday made me feel fortunate that my craft has got me into such surreal situations. I remember admiring Dali's Persistence of Memory with Ensign Ro in awe.  Live long and prosper.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread