Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babymetal
Quote:Watch Rob Halford Cover Judas Priest Classics With Babymetal
Iconic frontman, pop-metal trio perform "Painkiller," "Breaking the Law" at Alternative Press Music Awards

By Kory Grow
1 day ago[/url][url=http://rol.st/2a5wSof]

The seemingly unlikely pairing of Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford and teenage pop-metal crew Babymetal united Monday night for performances of a couple of Priest's fan favorites. The duet was one of the spectacles at an awards show with a mouthful of a name – the Journeys Alternative Press Music Awards, Fueled by Monster Energy Drink – that took place at Columbus, Ohio's Schottenstein Center.

Babymetal's band kicks off the performance with the thunderous drum intro to Priest's thrashy "Painkiller," and Halford struts on stage in a red leather jacket and biker gloves to trade verses with the Japanese group's frontwoman, Su-metal, and harmonize on the chorus. As the song ends, Su-metal introduces her fellow singers – Yuimetal and Moametal – who come out with guitars to play the razor-sharp intro to the anthemic "Breaking the Law."
"That was really intense: Babymetal give a thousand percent just like Priest," Halford said in a statement after the performance. "They're leading the charge into the new frontier of heavy metal."
"It was really amazing and fantastic," Su-metal said. "A collaboration with Rob Halford, the 'Metal God,' has always been my dream. I never imagined that dream would come true!"
The awards show also featured a performance by Creed singer Scott Stapp joining A Day to Remember, Black Veil Brides singer Andy Biersack fronting an all-star band containing members of My Chemical Romance, Goldfinger and others and members of Underoath with Beartooth. Marilyn Manson also received the Icon Award. Video of other performances and recaps of the evening are on the awards show's website.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/w...al-w429794

Some friends of mine went to the show.  They said it was good and they were glad to have seen it but they aren't ready to jump on tour or anything and doubt they'd go out of their way to see them again.  They are picky deadheads.  Very picky.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

Messages In This Thread
Babymetal - by Drunk Monk - 03-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Kitsune - by Drunk Monk - 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Late Show appearance upcoming - by cranefly - 03-30-2016, 10:08 AM
The invasion begins... - by Drunk Monk - 04-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Don't rile Rob Zombie - by cranefly - 05-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Hail Can't Stop Babymetal - by cranefly - 06-14-2016, 09:24 AM
been thinking about this... - by Drunk Monk - 06-14-2016, 11:12 AM
babymetal bail - by Drunk Monk - 07-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Your concert fu is weak - by Greg - 07-14-2016, 01:41 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! - by Drunk Monk - 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM