The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1640 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1640 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Horror Novel ever.
...so I can't comment on that, and I agree that the end of the book was anticlimactic -- thought he should have ended it much sooner. The part that totally creeped me out was the first half, with everyone but a few people dying from what seemed to be the common cold. I read that in high school and I had a cold while I was reading it, and so did just about everyone else around me. I don't know, maybe you native Californians didn't have that problem growing up in the warmth and sunshine and probably having open windows and unlocked doors at your schools, but back in the midwest, where we had to keep the outside completely outside 90% of the year and windows NEVER opened, colds were serious business. As soon as one person got infected and came to school, EVERYONE in the building got that same cold, and then passed it around for months.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Messages In This Thread