Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022-2023 TV Season
A lot of tv that I want to watch drops this week
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Endeavor (final season)
Secret Invasion
Black Mirror

Next week is Warrior too but I’ve seen it all already.

This gives me a reason to come back to the default world after snwmf.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Justified: City Primeval (2023)

Raylon Givens is back in this short run special event. Givens has to take a prisoner to Detroit where he gets caught up in the crimes there. The show is based on another Elmore Leonard book, just one that doesn't have Givens in it.

We caught episodes 1 and 2. Ep 1 covers what is going on in Detroit and how Givens gets roped in to helping solve an attempted assassination of a local judge played by Kieth David. Ep 02 gets to the heart of the real story which has echoes of past robbery gone wrong and a new robbery about to go wrong.

Will watch more.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ep03 More Marshall Givens goodness. More Manzell being a dick. Now we have Albanians making life bad, too. The initial crime is delineated which brings in the Albanians. The local Detroit PD guys aren't helping any by pointing the Albanian mob at Manzell.

It's nice to have a weekly series to look forward to. It won't last.

And we are done. What a waste. The ending was poor. And then there was about another ten minutes to pimp another season which hasn't even been confirmed. It's like the show makers came up short on the last episode and said "Let's just whip something together to get people talking" Grrr

The show was really good up until this last episode. And now I'm back to the default stage of anger.