Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
https://boingboing.net/2023/03/12/docume...works.html

Quote:Documentary about the Weird Al-themed (and approved) burlesque troupe in works

Rusty Blazenhoff 
1:41 am Sun  Mar 12, 2023 
[Image: Tight-Nerdy-1.png?fit=1&resize=620%2C4000&ssl=1]
Tight & Nerdy is the world's first, and only, burlesque troupe devoted to "Weird Al" Yankovic. Showgals is an upcoming documentary that chronicles their final tour and explores themes of female empowerment, gender inequality, and body positivity. 
Tight & Nerdy's "Al-stravaganza" performances are a blend of big personalities, over-the-top costumes, and unforgettable acts set to Weird Al's iconic tunes. The documentary will showcase how the group created a safe and welcoming space for people to be themselves without fear of judgment. 
SFist:
Quote:And "Weird Al" himself is interviewed in the documentary. "We've all been lucky enough to meet Al," according to [group founder Pickles] Kintaro. "Mistress Marla Spanx was with me the first time I got to meet Al at the Marin County Fair and it was a most magical evening. Every time I have met him since, I remind him I am the 'Weird Al' stripper and the reactions are always hilarious. I've had everything from recognition, confusion, and concern."
Crowdfunding for the documentary ends Friday at 10 p.m. and filmmaker Jeff Nucera has nearly reached his goal of $115K. The doc's hashtag? #BaretobeStupid, of course.

—tg
Stop Making Sense 2023
I need to know what this about. SMS was one of my favorite films and started my love for the Talking Heads.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ah, and now I know.
A24 is restoring and re-releasing the original film later this year.

Joy Ride
Stephanie Hsu's next film

One Day as a Lion  April 7

Can't wait for this to come to a streaming service. Scott Chan is looking and sounding more like his father every day.

Renfield Final Trailer April 14

Sure are a lot of fights scenes in this final trailer.......

Ride On

I'm guessing DM is super busy so I'll post this JC trailer for him. (Waiting for the part where he has already posted this and I couldn't find it)

(03-03-2023, 12:54 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Ride On

I posted an earlier trailer, not this one, so your update is good. 

This is slated for a theatrical release. This and Sakra. I plan to see them both in the theaters.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

One True Loves
I miss the days when we would all get together and watch a soon to be cinema classic.

Ape vs Mecha Ape

I miss those days too.

I’m gonna pass on Ape v Mecha Ape and wait for CocaineApeNado.
https://boingboing.net/2023/03/27/tommy-...years.html

Quote:[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)]Tommy Wiseau debuts trailer for first feature film in 20 years[/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)][color=var(--body-font-color)]Grant St. Clair[/color] [/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)]Mon  Mar 27, 2023 [/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)][Image: BigSharkPoster-scaled.webp?fit=1&resize=...4000&ssl=1][/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)][img=862x0]https://i0.wp.com/boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/BigSharkPoster-scaled.webp?fit=1&resize=620%2C4000&ssl=1[/img][/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)]Tommy Wiseau, director of cult hit and oft-quoted B-movie masterpiece The Room, could be accused of resting on his laurels. He hasn't truly delved back into filmmaking since The Room's release date in 2003, instead coasting on its evergreen popularity and making a hard left turn into selling his own personalized underwear brand. Now, though, he seems ready to dip his toes back in with the most recent trailer for his directorial follow-up, Big Shark.[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.78)]It's exactly what it says on the tin. There's a big shark. Interestingly, Big Shark was first teased back in 2019, but nothing more has been seen or heard of the project until now. Its theatrical release date (April 2) is just around the corner, so we'll soon get to see whether or not Wiseau still has it… whateveer you think 'it' is.[/color]

--tg
Asteroid City by Wes Anderson.

Sakra 
Another trailer - the North American version - slated for Apr 14 US release
The Pez Outlaw

--tg