Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4:20
FreDP: Yukz is having fun but we gotta go soon because I need to get
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(07-26-2021, 04:14 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: FreDP: Yukz is having fun but we gotta go soon because I need to get

do you mean: "I need ta git..."

--tg
Both

Needed to pick up Phoebe from aamco - they called right when I was posting this. Phoebe & the funkmobile are now both in reasonable working order. Next week, Darth goes in for maintenance. 

Cars are so needy.
In SF nearby Kaiser. Stacy is picking up some Vicodin. Been a long odd day. I think it was the mouse in my years playing dead that started it.
(07-27-2021, 04:27 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: In SF nearby Kaiser. Stacy is picking up some Vicodin. Been a long odd day. I think it was the mouse in my years playing dead that started it.
Taken out of context, that could be a very discombobulating statement.

In context, I'd add a few more syllables to that adjective.
I'm nobody's pony.
Spelchuk swapped ‘years’ for ‘yard’. I kinda like it better tho.

When I went to get water (we get it by the gallons at a purifier store) there was this mouse lying in our yard. I figure it’s the one that’s been digging holes. It was lying next to the walkway, still and glassy eyed. I figured a cat got it and didn’t want Yuki to eat it (I told you about the squirrel cadaver he found, right?) so I went to pick it up with the pooper scooper and it jumped awake and looked at me like ‘wth dude?!?’ Then it burrowed into a hole by the sidewalk.

It was odd but I didn’t really think about it until I was stuck in the car with Yuki as we waited an hour for Maiser to fill Stacy’s prescription. There was a schizo woman dancing about on the sidewalk next to us and I struggled not to make eye contact but Yuki was fascinated. Somehow that triggered my memory of the mouse.
I hope the meds are helping. Mouth pain is a special kind of hell.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
A bad toothache will change your world view.

Dental health is mental health.

--tg
Legbone said that there was a Chinese medical axiom "You follow your teeth"
the hands that guide me are invisible
On many occasions of late I've had health professionals ask me to gauge my level of pain from 1 to 10, 10 being worst.  I've been at 1 or 2, sometimes 0, most times.  The worst it got with the post-surgical hips was maybe a 5.  When they ask me about level of pain, I always think of past toothaches and place them at 9.  I'm reserving 10 for something I've yet to encounter.

The worst I've felt recently is a 7, and that had no persistence, was just momentary, and repetitive, coming only when I swallowed -- the aftermath of having accidentally poisoned myself.
I'm nobody's pony.
For me the worst was my herniated disc. Actually most extreme when I got the first cortisone shot, despite a local anasthetic. I'd call that a 10. So intense it just overwhelms everything.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I've broken my collarbone(s) 3 times. Broken my thumb. Meh...I had a gall "sludge" incident (not quite a gall stone). That was a kick in the shorts, but when I was ~11-12, I split a front-bottom tooth down the middle by pushing a kickboard underwater in a pool and having it slip, shoot up and hit me in the chin. The fresh air on the tooth's nerve was blindingly painful. The root canal on a live tooth more so. It took me years to trust dentists again.

--tg

[Image: steve-martin-dentist-gif.gif]
It’s been a rough go. Her dentist cleaned her up and she’s on pain killers and antibiotics. She's scheduled for a foot canal in sept.

Now Yuki & I are back at FreDP. He and Kona have been going at it non-stop. They’re such good buddies.
Foot canals are the worst!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Spelchuck iz migh fren