Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
I really enjoyed the first one of these.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Someone had to post it. Plus, it has Charlize in it

Vin Diesel is going to have to pass the torch to his son (if he has one) pretty soon.
the hands that guide me are invisible

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

I woke to Den asking me if I have an angle in on this already...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Dammit. Points to DM. I have the link on my clipboard.

Awkwafina strikes!

Here's a way to go.

That's a good one, Greg. Note that one of my fellow Den contributors thinks that the flying swordswoman is an Iron Fist - see https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/shang-c...ction-mcu/ . Jim must have gotten up early in the morning to bang that out so damn fast. 

That being said, I'm claiming extra points for banging out a teaser review for Den just now. 

I've never done a teaser review before. I wonder if they'll ask me to do a trailer review? I actually have other work to attend to but I woke up to the email request for a quickie (and who doesn't like waking to a quickie?) and then the idea got stuck in my head so I just had to bang it out to get on with the week's work.
Seeing a lot of hate directed towards Akwafina because of this.

Really? I hadn't noticed. Her brand of humor grates on a lot of people. I think it would grate on me too if she didn't remind me of a few friends I've known. 

Personally, I look forward to watching her crash a bus in front of Ghirardelli square. 

Den pumped out 5 articles on that teaser. Two made it on to the email blast, including mine. And they're all hitting, racking up those page views. My editor says he can't overestimate a Marvel traffic pop.

Woah. I just peeked and my coverage is on top.
I didn't realize that Awkwafina in the early days used an African-American dialect as part of her schtick which gets her a lot of backlash from the African-American community. From the Asian perspective, they would like to see another comedic Asian since she seems to be getting all those roles now. This is all based on gleanings from the inter-webs.

I, too, liked the crash in front of Ghiradelli square.

The dialect thing reminds me of seeing a group of poets years ago who came out and talked about how they wanted to celebrate their Asian heritage, but then when they performed, they all rapped and totally changed their inflections. They did not see the irony.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Chinese, Japanese & Korean rap are huge. In some ways, I imagine Chinese rap works well because the words are monosyllabic. I have a hard time understanding the rhyming scheme sometimes because Chinese is tonal so there’s an extra dimension to all their lyricism that I can’t quite hear. Japanese & Korean rap gets so J-pop & K-pop that I just can’t. 

That being said, should we discuss the BTS meal coming to 50 countries via McDonalds?

Personally I find South African and German rap to be the best.
I know BTS exist. I think that's enough of a discussion.

(04-20-2021, 08:19 AM)Greg Wrote: I think that's enough of a discussion.

Way to bait me, bro. You know I can't resist filling your head with useless info that you don't want to know.

Quote:BTS and McDonald’s Collab Brings New South Korean-Inspired Sauces to ARMY in 50 Countries
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-10.52.59-AM-10...=80&f=auto]BYKIMBERLY NGUYEN
APRIL 19, 2021
2 MINUTE READ

[Image: pixelatedbts.jpg?quality=80&f=auto]

[b]The BTS ARMY has something new to look forward to next month as the South Korean supergroup collaborates with McDonald’s on a signature order.[/b]
The BTS-approved meal will include a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets, medium fries and a medium Coke, according to a press release. 

The meal, available on May 26, will also come with two new sauces inspired by the menu found at McDonald’s branches in South Korea: sweet chili and cajun.
The South Korean boy band shared great experiences with the fast-food company, their label BIGHIT MUSIC shared.
[b]“We’re excited about this collaboration and can’t wait to share the BTS Meal with the world,”[/b] the label said.
The BTS meal follows McDonald’s previous partnerships with Travis Scott and J Balvin last year, as part of the fast-food chain’s Famous Orders program. It is the first celebrity collaboration from the program to become available in nearly 50 countries.

[b]“BTS truly lights up the world stage, uniting people across the globe through their music. We’re excited to bring customers even closer to their beloved band in a way only McDonald’s can – through our delicious food – when we introduce the BTS signature order on our menu next month,” [/b]McDonald’s USA CMO Morgan Flatley said.
Last month the seven-member group, which was named Time Magazine “Entertainer of the Year” in 2020, released a statement on social media, condemning anti-Asian hate

[b]“We recall moments when we faced discrimination as Asians,”[/b] they wrote. [b]“We have endured expletives without reason and were mocked for the way we look.”[/b]
[b]“We stand against racial discrimination. We condemn violence. You, I and we all have the right to be respected. We will stand together.” [/b]
Feature Images via Getty

Will you stop if I tell you I knew about the BTS meal from McDonald's? Because I did.