Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DM's quest for work
Whatevs

i wuz chekin my email...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
FBU let me go. The pandemic has caused a drop in their numbers so they are running with a minimal staff and can not afford a new regular position. They say they will reach out for specific jobs but I’m doubtful that will make for a significant income source. 

Now I’m down to three jobs, none anywhere near 1/3rd of my needed income. I’ve reapplied for unemployment and will continue searching.
Fuck fuck fuck
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
What the hell...?
I'm nobody's pony.
I’m very disappointed. I loved that commute and know I could’ve brought a lot to them but it’s a private school and enrollment is hard right now. 

The pandemic made it really awkward. No one really got to know me and I wasn’t able to demonstrate what I could do so I got pigeonholed as a writer and that wasn’t enough. 

That’s my take on it now. There was that academic cattiness, that focus on hierarchy and minuscule detail that is so pervasive in teaching circles too. That might have played against me. Hard to say. 

Nevertheless it’s tough to let go of it. I had a lot of hopes there.

Moving on.
Good luck in the quest!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I got some unemployment again. Stacy’s unemployment runs out very soon. Stacy has thoughtfully planned out Tara’s education so we’re good there but if we can’t find better sources of income, we have about six months before we have to do something drastic like move in with my mom. At least we have that safety net.
Nothing gives confidence like getting this email:

Quote:You have a new message in UI Online.

Thank you,
Employment Development Department
State of California

And when you click that link, it drops you here. 

Quote:[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]
Server IP address could not be found.
The world is fire. All fire. The center cannot hold.

The ymnotca telemeeting went well. They are sending me a letter of intent soon. Fingers crossed.
Is YMNOTCA the same as ymaa?

No, I can't keep up

(09-17-2020, 02:08 PM)Greg Wrote: Is YMNOTCA the same as ymaa?

No, I can't keep up
You're not alone.  I did a deep deep search on that mnemonic and stumbled on the graphic: http://i.imgur.com/yMNoTCA.png

Here it is.
[Image: yMNoTCA.png] 
Pixels to ponder, for sure...
I'm nobody's pony.
Not a helper.

YMNOTCA? Need a refresher on your acronyms, DM.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(09-17-2020, 02:08 PM)Greg Wrote: Is YMNOTCA the same as ymaa?

No, I can't keep up

aw dude. way to out me.