Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DM's quest for work
Money!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Well, not a lot of money, but it'll pay for my Netflix for a few months.  Plus I'm happy to get published again on Den of Geek.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Talked to the boss at Immortal. He's got a project for me. Like always, it's money but not a lot of money. And it's simple enough so far.

Swapped emails with my editor at Den of Geek. They're rather happy with the last piece and are working to get Azreen to reshare it. Another much large project is in the works. It has potential to be a lead piece. Not a lot of money. But not too hard either - a new frontier of sorts.
Build your brand, DM!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Azreem (the star of Wira if you didn't read my review Greg) reposted my review on his gram. Azreem has 4.5 M followers (https://www.instagram.com/p/CBkE0Azhb-D/). It's what Den of Geek was hoping for and is a major score for my second submission for them. 

Collecting heads. Cuz that's what we Ronin do. 

My next mission for Den of Geek is a video interview & article. I'm nailing the details for next week. If it goes well, it might be the lead story of the day, which is a coveted position. That's another head - a big head - ripe for chopping.
Suck it, brother. I read it and posted it.

Now go write some more things I can pretend to ignore, but actually ignore but swear I read. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smells bad.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I do appreciate your reposts. 

Den of Geek reports my review was the 2nd most popular of the day. They are pushing it now and showcased it on their gram (usually they post over half a dozen articles a day and only gram one a day). I love it when a plan comes together.

I've got the video interview locked in for next week.
A follow-up call with ymnotca fell through. The rep forgot to schedule it. We'll try again next week.

Next up, podcast time...in a few hours.

Snack break, then prep.
Well, it's not really a podcast. It's more of my buddy's vid channel. It's not really for work either. It's more for fun. He's a top notch martial arts and stuntman, a friend from the Badlands. We talked for 2 hours, just rappin about martial arts, art, and stuff. He's going to edit it a bit, but will probably let most of it just run. His site is totalbswellness - here's his channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7lYdhJ...g/featured
5BU is setting me up with an official school email and a title. Not sure what it is yet exactly, but that's very promising. I'm booked for several upcoming telemeetings and will soon arrange a visit to the San Jo campus. The first is tomorrow and it's like 4 hours.

Immortal has doubled its Kickstarter goal. Now at $21K+. Meeting our goal within 4 hours put us in the top 3% of earners. Doubling the goal so fast got us hand-selected by Kickstarter as a 'Projects We Love'. I need to do a promo vid for them this weekend.

Den of Geek has me scheduled for an interview next Wednesday - a profile video interview with my supportive celebrity friend, Daniel Wu. I need to put the framework together for this this weekend.

As for jobs 4 & 5, Tiger Claw is moving along okay - I need to stop by next week to return some weapons and pick up some more for the next webinar on July 11.

Stacy's workplace, the Well, is reopening. She's actually making more money now on unemployment with the extra $600 stimulus and may look into delaying going back if possible to stay on that until it ends. There was discussion of me taking a desk position there, part time, since it's all part time for me now. We'll see about that. 

It'll be tough to keep my Ronin blade sharp for half a dozen warlords. Heck, five warlords barely gives me time to wipe the blood off.

Alas...Ronin life.
With so many paying masters, a ronin of your stature shouldn't have to clean your own sword. Hire an intern, a "Sword-Fluffer".
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.

Do me a favor brothers. Click this vid. You don't need to watch it. Just let it run so I get the views.

Right now, I'm in the lead with 77 views. That beats my gal Stephanie, a noted wushu hottie who shot her vid from her boudoir who only has 45. Some of the other masters have zero. 

Ronin collectin heads...
Done.
I'm nobody's pony.
Done.

DM, you should shoot your next one from your boudoir.
Thanks brothers! I've been putting off watching it myself. I'm self-conscious that way.

(06-21-2020, 01:03 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: DM, you should shoot your next one from your boudoir.

I don't want anyone to see my pillow sword(s). I'm self-conscious that way.