Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DM's quest for work
Wow.  To think we knew you before you became a cartoon figure.
I'm nobody's pony.
Dang. They're already over $7K.  

I'm always a tad skeptical about Kickstarters but wow. This is looking like it's going to fly.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Dude!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
$8K+ and we've only been live less than 3 hours. I must rethink Kickstarter entirely.

(06-15-2020, 11:34 AM)cranefly Wrote: Wow.  To think we knew you before you became a cartoon figure.

Ever hear about DM's trip where his self revelation epiphany was that he was an anime character?
Some Kickstarters hit. Some don't. I'm glad you're the former. Do they have a following? Because that always helps. Do we now refer to you as CDM?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

So I've heard. The artists working on this are of some reputation, so there is that. Li Yishan is well known. And Peter is a hustler. He worked with Shaolin Temple, did a lot of the leg work for that summit we went to in LA, so his marketing is on point. He's the one who brought me on board.

$9K+ in 3 hours. The home stretch. Watching that counter climb has certainly made for an engaging morning.

$10K goal met. 

Cool
$12K+!

The Immortal crew is celebrating. They all were banking on making the goal but not nearly this quickly. We've been working on rolling out all sorts of promos to stimulate interest but we're good now.
I want a promo! Oh, did I have to put in some money first? Always a catch.

Congratulations. I hope this means more work and money for you.

I want a promo too. Although I want a paycheck more.

If this had tanked, that would've been the end of it. In fact, I was sitting on the fence about poking them for my next paycheck. Now that it's got traction, we'll see where this goes. Peter is very ambitious about it. I've seen a lot of Kickstarters tank, so I'm glad it was such a breakout hit.
It's all about money with you. What about the beauty of art? What about recognition for your efforts? Shouldn't that be enough?

No, take the cash. Quick.

(06-15-2020, 03:42 PM)Greg Wrote: No, take the cash. Quick.

spoken like a true ronin. 

you know it, brother.

$14K+

Greg was right.

(06-15-2020, 06:16 AM)Greg Wrote: Heads up. It's going to be a great fucking day. 

This has been a good day. DOOM uber alles!
$16K+

The boss wants to chat with me about expanding my role.
Sounds good.

Immortal announced that yesterday's windfall put us in the top 3% for Kickstarter campaigns.
I sold another review to Den of Geek. It's scheduled to go live tomorrow. 

It's on Wira. http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5509

Reviews don't pay as well but I'm basically paid to watch a movie. And for this, I watched two. I went for the prelude, Paskal too. http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5510 I watched that while writing my review.