Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DM's quest for work
5BU reverted to part-time, but I'm allegedly getting put in contact with HR & payroll, even though my position there is still ill defined. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up with the full-time tease, but at least it's something. I have a preparatory meeting tomorrow and a big one on Wednesday.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Some shekels better than no shekels.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
truth

turns out i can't stand being unemployed. it plays on all my insecurities, especially right now when the world is so unstable.
it's a strangely busy work week
today - 5bu statement of intent, tc & webinar biz, lor for patrick
tomorrow - 5bu zoom
thurs - ymnotca call, dog query email, webinar test
fri - 5bu onsite visit
sat - webinar

it's refreshing to get back to work, sort of, but it's a lot of axe jugglin and i've got 5 axes in the air now.

alas, ronin life...
All your for the axin'.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
5BU zoom went really well. Dm dropped some bombs that had everyone nodding like 'wow...great idea'. I think I've just about got this deal sealed. Just need to get that first paycheck and I'll feel much better about it all.
OK, let’s hope none of the decision-makers finds out that his cousin Vinnie needs a job. Fingers crossed. When did they say they would contact you?
I'm going onsite on Friday to meet some people and get a facility tour. I'm told I'm supposed to meet with HR, but I don't know when that's supposed to happen yet. The SIP is making everything really weird and hard to pin down. Not sure when payroll gets rolling. 

Today's meeting was a group thing addressing a specific project.
ymnotca gotomeeting went okay. there was some loss of focus but there might be some work there for me. the boss thinks that there will be a major full-time position opening up in jan. 

the webinar test went fine. we're in good shape there.

the dog query is sent. now i wait...

got invited to participate in a friend's podcast. not paid, publicity, but he's a friend and a good conversationalist. i could use more publicity. a ronin's gotta build that rep and street cred.

alas, ronin life...
Today I start work as an independent contractor for Five Branches University (5BU). It's a part-time position, 20 hours a week but flexible, and in three months I'll be up for review to become an employee. At this point, my position is to help develop marketing in print and on the web. 

Five Branches is one of the oldest schools for Traditional Chinese Medicine in America. It has two locations, one in San Jose, the other less than a mile from our bungalow.
Yay!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It's half a job for now, which may become a full job someday. But I can walk there, which is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow for my first tour of the Cruz facility. Probably a 20-25 min walk, past the harbor, over Murray St bridge where Ben died (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4545).

I've got a good feeling about the company. It's exciting work for me. It allows me to implement a lot of my previous marketing, social media and printing skills, it's a related field so I'm not coming in totally naive, and I can't beat that commute. 

Of course now, as the newly hired Ronin, I've got to take a lot of heads to prove my worth and stand out among the already established samurai there. 

Please excuse me if I spatter blood here, or any other bodily fluids. These are desperate times.
Such good news.
The 5BU campus was really nice and the walk there and back was lovely. It only took a little over 15 minutes although my iphone predicted 25. Met some of the staff and got some of the scoop. It's an exciting prospect. The tour of the facility was nice. It's a lovely campus. Not to get to fengshuiesque but it has good qi. This part is looking really positive.

The first task was to write a BLM statement, requested by the Dean & Founder. I did that this morning and he replied 'Thank you Gene. You have expressed what is in all our hearts and wishes for a healthier and just society. I am passing it through our Board.' So that feel like a win

First blood drawn. Ronin on the march. 
Bureau of Land Management? They have been in the news a lot lately.

Congrats on the new gig. May it be as giggalicious as you like.