Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remakes, come-backs, and spin-offs
Yeah, no.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(06-28-2017, 10:45 PM)Greg Wrote: Yeah, no.

Only way this could possibly work is if they got those same magnificent sets.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(06-28-2017, 10:45 PM)(Courtesy of Photofest)Female-Led \Greatest American Hero' Reboot Lands at ABC Wrote: The new iteration will center on an Indian-American woman.
The Greatest American Hero is eyeing a comeback -- but with a very modern twist.
A female-led reboot of the beloved '80s series has landed at ABC with a hefty put pilot commitment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The single-camera, half-hour comedy remake follows Meera, a 30-year-old Indian-American woman from Cleveland, whose talents include tequila drinking and karaoke and not much else. Then some aliens entrust her with a super suit to protect the planet, and the world has never been in more unreliable hands.
The original series was an hourlong and starred a white male actor (William Katt) in the lead role. The show, also known for its catchy theme song, debuted on ABC in 1981 and ran for three seasons.
Fresh Off the Boat writer-producer Rachna Fruchbom will pen the pilot and exec produce with Fresh Off the Boat creator Nahnatchka Khan, her producing partner Mandy Summers and original series Stephen J. Cannell's daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan (Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods). 20th Century Fox TV, where Khan's Fierce Baby banner is based, will co-produce with ABC Studios.
The Greatest American Hero is one of several beloved properties eyeing returns with a female-heavy cast. Melissa McCarthy headlined a female-led Ghostbusters remake for Sony last year and 2018 will see the release of the female-focused Ocean's Eight, a remake of Ocean's 11. A female-centered Lord of the Flies reboot film is in the works at Warner Bros. However, that has been met with early criticism.
The Greatest American Hero also comes as Hollywood has been feeling more pressure to cast more diversely in the years since #OscarsSoWhite. However, TV has been seen as more successful in that arena than film thanks to the sheer number of TV projects in the current #PeakTV era as well as prolific talent like Shonda Rhimes, Mindy Kaling, Aziz Ansari, and Khan, whose Fresh Off the Boat features a heavily Asian-American cast.
And as has been the trend for several years, TV continues to focus on reboots, revivals and remakes of old films and TV shows as a way to break through a crowded marketplace with known IP.
Copied this off iPhone news with my iPhone which is why I couldn't grab the pic and the formatting is messed up
Jamie Lee Curtis Returning to 'Halloween' Franchise

The film is due out Oct. 19, 2018. 
Cue the iconic piano notes.
Jamie Lee Curtis is returning to Halloween, the horror franchise that helped to launch her career.
"Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode in HALLOWEEN, released by Universal Pictures October 19, 2018. #HalloweenMovie," Blumhouse Productions tweeted Friday.
"Same porch. Same clothes. Same issues. 40 years later. Headed back to Haddonfield one last time for Halloween," Curtis tweeted.
David Gordon Green, the co-creator of HBO's Eastbound & Down and director of movies such as Pineapple Express and Our Brand Is Crisis, will helm a new movie that will have a script co-written by him and frequent collaborator Danny McBride. That announcement was made in February by John Carpenter, the co-creator of the franchise and director the 1978 original.
Blumhouse, Miramax and Trancas are the production entities involved. Carpenter will executive produce along with Gordon Green and McBride’s Rough House Pictures.
"David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and … WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away,” Carpenter wrote then. "I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool. And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018."
Curtis has played Laurie Strode in multiple Halloween films. Her first appearance was in the classic 1978 original when the world was introduced to the mask-wearing, mental patient mass-murderer Michael Myers.
Curtis subsequently played Laurie in Halloween II (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) and Halloween: Resurrection (2002). She most recently appeared in Ryan Murphy's Fox horror comedy Scream Queens, which was canceled in May.
Of all the reactions to the news, Mark Hamill had the best.
Read more: 'Halloween' Remake Nabs David Gordon Green and Danny McBride to Direct and Write
Well? What the hell was Mark Hamill's reaction?

God damn tease.

Quote:(Courtesy of Photofest)

Linda Hamilton Set to Return to 'Terminator' Franchise (Exclusive)

With James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger involved, it's a reunion more than 25 years in the making.  
She’ll be back.
After waving hasta la vista, baby, more than 25 years ago, Linda Hamilton is returning to the world of Terminator, reuniting with James Cameron, the creator of the sci-fi franchise, for the new installment being made by Skydance and Paramount.
Cameron made the announcement at a private event celebrating the storied franchise, saying, "As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return."
With Hamilton’s return, Cameron hopes to once again make a statement on gender roles in action movies.
"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he said, referring to aging male actors still anchoring movies, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”
Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel, which is returning to its roots by having the involvement of Cameron for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Cameron is producing along with Skydance. And the new film, which will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally, is based on a story crafted by Cameron. Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story. David Goyer, whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies, Charles Eglee, who created Dark Angel with Cameron, and Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, were part of that room.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has starred as both a bad guy and good guy portraying the cool killer robot sent from the future, is already set to return and with Cameron and now Hamilton on board, the new Terminator film will once again have its original creative team.
Hamilton starred in the first film, The Terminator, released in 1984 as a low-budget genre play, playing one of the silver screen's strongest female heroines, Sarah Connor. Conner was a waitress who is being hunted down by an unstoppable killing machine, played by Schwarzenegger, sent from the future. Connor learned that in the future, machines have taken over and that she is the mother of the human resistance leader.
The actress returned to the character in Cameron’s 1991 sequel, which was a summer blockbuster that pushed the visual effects envelope and set box office records for that time. This time Connor, buffed and in prime fighting form, was a hard-edged, take-no-prisoners warrior who fought like a bear to protect her son.
Both Hamilton and Cameron, who were married to each other in the later 1990s, sat out the installments that followed in 2003, 2009, and 2015.
Story details are, of course, being kept on a secure hard drive at Cyberdyne Systems, but Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron's Judgment Day. And the themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the fore.
But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.
"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."
Hamilton is represented by Innovative Artists.
Read more: Jamie Lee Curtis Returning to 'Halloween' Franchise 
I'm too bloody curious over trivia, so I tracked down what Mark Hamill tweeted in response to Jamie's return to Halloween.  For what it's worth, which is nothing.

Can't wait Jamie. PS: HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!! xoxo, mh 
I'm nobody's pony.
Quote:OCTOBER 23, 2017 2:15pm PT by Borys Kit
'Dora the Explorer' Movie in the Works With Nick Stoller (Exclusive)

Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing.
Paramount is saying "Vámos!" to a big-screen version of Dora the Explorer, the popular Nickelodeon children’s series.
Nick Stoller, the writer-director behind films including The Muppets and Neighbors, has been brought on board to work on the script for the project, which will be produced by Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller. It hails from Paramount's new Paramount Players division.
The move kick-starts a project that had been inactive for some time. In 2015, Paramount had been developing a movie with Tom Wheeler (Puss in Boots) writing and Mary Parent producing.
Details are being kept under wraps, but the live-action take is said to center on Dora, not as a 7-year-old like on the TV series but now a teenager who moves to the city live with her cousin Diego.
No release date has been set, but the studio is gung ho on Doraand is eying a 2019 bow.
Dora [i]the Explorer[/i] was a series that proved to be a massive hit for Nickelodeon, running from 2000-2014 with 172 episodes aired. It centered on an young American Latina who, along with her monkey, Boots, faced riddles and characters like a thieving fox named Swiper as she went on quests.
The show translated worldwide, produced merchandising ranging from Legos to video games and even saw stage shows.
Platinum Dunes has a first-look deal with Paramount which has spawned the hit Transformers and Ninja Turtlemovies.
While Stoller has written more adult-skewing film fare, such as Get Him to the Greek and Neighbors, he has shown a strong affinity for all-ages subject matter with reboots of the Muppet movies and animated films Storks and Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie. He currently has Night School, a comedy that he wrote, filming with Kevin Hart starring.
Stoller is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.

Wait...Michael Bay?
(10-25-2017, 10:50 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Wait...Michael Bay?

"Brockheimer, Schumacher, Michael Bay,
They make movies that make you say,
"Oh my god, that's bullshit! What the fuck?!"
They're movies that will suck."

One of my favorite jingles from the "Hollywood Babble-On" podcast.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Quote:
[img=0x0]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/static/frontend/2017_11_02_1101/assets//images/brand/thr-logo-white.svg[/img]

NOVEMBER 02, 20171:52pm PT by Lesley Goldberg 
'Twilight Zone' Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

Play Video

The drama could join 'Star Trek' on the network's SVOD platform.

The Twilight Zone is entering a new dimension.
CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight-to-series order or just development. 
The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves' initial announcement. 
The news comes as CBS All Access has found success with its revival of Star Trek: Discovery, which the streamer said drove record subscriptions to the platform and has been renewed for a second season. The Twilight Zone joins a roster of CBS All Access scripted originals that also includes dramas The Good Fight (a spinoff of The Good Wife), Strange Angel, $1 and comedy No Activity.  
Peele found success with the horror feature Get Out, which many have described as an African-American version of The Twilight Zone.
CBS last tried to revive The Twilight Zone in 2012 when the studio teamed with X-Men's Bryan Singer to develop, exec produce and potentially direct a new version of the anthology. The network revived the series in the 1980s that ran for three seasons and again in 2002 for a season on UPN with host Forest Whitaker. The franchise has also been licensed to a new stage play set to premiere in December at the Almeida Theatre in London and run through January. The original series won three Emmys during its 156-episode run and explored topics including humanity's hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices.
The Twilight Zone revival arrives as individual episodic anthologies have become increasingly popular following shows like Netflix's Black Mirror, HBO's Room 104 and TBS' The Guest Book. In a crowded landscape of nearly 500 scripted shows, individual episodic anthologies are easier to consume.
Meanwhile, reboots and revivals continue to be in high demand as broadcast, cable and streaming platforms look for proven and easy to market IP in a bid to cut through the cluttered landscape. Key to the reboots is having the original producers attached, with would be CBS Television Studios in the case of The Twilight Zone.
Peele, whose credits also include Netflix's Big Mouth, Comedy Central's Key and Peele and TBS' The Last OG, as well as the feature Keanu, is repped by CAA, Principato-Young and Morris Yorn. Ramirez is repped by
Quote:MARCH 02, 2018 2:40pm PT by Aaron Couch
'Logan's Run' Remake Taps 'Hunger Games' Writer
[img=808x0]https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale_crop_768_433/2018/03/logans_run_still_and_peter_craig_-_inset_-_getty_-_h_2018_0.jpg[/img]
Todd Williamson/Getty Images (Craig); Photofest (Still)

'Logan's Run' (Inset: Peter Craig)

'X-Men' director Simon Kinberg has been attached to helm since 2015.
The Hunger Games screenwriter Peter Craig is ready to dabble in one of the properties that inspired it. 
Warner Bros. has tapped Craig to work on Logan's RunThe Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The remake of the cult classic 1976 movie has long been in development, with X-Men: Dark Phoenix director Simon Kinberg set to helm back in 2015.

The original film from director Michael Anderson centered on Logan (Michael York), an executioner in a society that kills its citizens once they reach the age of 30 as a way of conserving resources. He ends up on the run after becoming sympathetic to a group of underground railroad of Runners. The film adapted the 1967 novel by William F. Nolan. 
It's appropriate that Craig is tackling the film, which Kinberg himself described in 2015 as "the granddaddy of Maze Runner and Hunger Games and so many of these books and movies now."
Craig penned the scripts to both installments of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, as well as the Chris Hemsworth war drama 12 Strong. He is also working on the upcoming Top Gun sequel.
Craig is repped by CAA.
Deception

I guess they found the old 'Magician' scripts that starred Bill Bixby. I loved that show although I probably only saw one episode.

I also loved that show, but I think I saw all of them. Bixby is the local boy who made good. You would not find him pleasant, however, if you antagonize him.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.