Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4:20
Apparently our dog is starting to be a restless old lady (13.5 years). She wakes me up almost every night and either wants to go outside, usually to go to the bathroom, but sometimes just to wander around, or just wants me to put her back up on the couch (I assume after she goes to get a drink of water; I think she either gets stiff and night and can't jump up, or can't see well enough in the dark to jump). So this morning I was standing outside at 4:20, which was actually a bit late for her, but I did not consider whether or not DM was awake.
the hands that guide me are invisible
All I hoped for was for you to think of me at 4:20, not when your dog is eliminating.

And I actually slept quite well last night. Nodded off watching a movie and slept in until nearly 8, just in time for my commute to the kitchen, where our computer is (telecommuting is nice).
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Olfactory images like rectal bleeding linger...
Happy 4:20 day! Let's see, who would be the person least affected by this day....?

I'm loopy. I've been up since 2:50.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I stayed sober for 4:20. There were celebrations in the Cruz - UCSC has a big smoke out on the field and the session on High street slowed traffic. SF had its Hippie Hill gathering and show at BGC. Stoner friends texted me all day with irie wishes - that actually started yesterday with Bicycle Day (the anniversary of Hoffman's discovery of LSD). I even telecommuted and had the bungalow to myself so there was ample opportunity. But I abstained.

However, one of my closest confidantes outside of DOOM went into the ER with renal failure. We'd lost contact in the last few days (he's in Portland) and some friends when to check in. They found him incoherent and almost comatose. He had been complaining off increasing pain over the last few weeks  (he's on disability due to chronic pain from a spinal injury and on heavy medication). We swap emails weekly, often it's parallel to comments I post here. I'm very concerned.
Our friends need to stop breaking.

(04-21-2017, 07:57 AM)Greg Wrote: Our friends need to stop breaking.

Stacy keeps reminding me that we're of an age where we're losing a lot of people.  My mom's situation is worse of course.  And worthy of note, my friend in the ER now is the same age as we are.  I'm waiting on more word now.  Been a rough go.  He's very dear to me.  He was the last person that I invited into DOOM many years ago, but being such an isolationist, he wasn't up to making new friends.  Besides, he would never cross paths with any of you in the flesh.
I stand by his decision. Wasn't it Groucho who said "I would never belong to a club that would accept me as a member"

I hope your friend recovers quickly and completely.

Yes, we are losing people now. Some all at once, others a piece at a time.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Hopefully he was transferred to rehab today. Now we're waiting to hear if he sustained permanent organ damage.
My older brother's legacy from his Very Wild Days ™ lead to his eventual kidney failure. I hope your friend does not have to deal with that on a permanent basis.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Snapped out of an odd dream around 3:15. In the dream, I was on the phone talking with my father. I can't remember the contents of the call. But once I was awake all i could think was that it was some message from my father from beyond the grave. No going to sleep after that.

My father is still with us, but I flashed back to the hundreds of stories of people passing on and then calling family members with a last message. I put that scenario together as I was going from dream to wake.

That reminds me of a dream I had the day after my father-in-law died. I went into a room where there was a typewriter on the desk. Somehow I knew that my father-in-law had just left the room. I saw a piece of paper in the typewriter, and it said "I've got a new job, and a new place to live, and I'm doing fine."
the hands that guide me are invisible
I wonder what his new job is?
They are pulling the plug on my aforementioned friend.  Complete organ failure.  He's not lucid.  They give him two weeks at best.