Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remakes, come-backs, and spin-offs
Quote:Universal Sets ‘An American Werewolf in London’ Remake with Max Landis Writing and Directing
BY HALEIGH FOUTCH      16 HOURS AGO

[0]=http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/an-american-werewolf-in-london-slice.png&amp;p[title]=Universal%20Sets%20%E2%80%98An%20American%20Werewolf%20in%20London%E2%80%99%20Remake%20with%20Max%20Landis%20Writing%20and%20Directing&amp;p[summary]=]<font color="#2c4d06"><font color="#ffffff"><span data-scefontsize="small" style="font-sizeConfusedmall"><font face=""Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"> <font face=""Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>SHARE</strong></font></font></span></font> </font>]=http%3A%2F%2Fcollider.com%2Fan-american-werewolf-in-london-remake-max-landis%2F&p[images][0]=http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/an-american-werewolf-in-london-slice.png&p[title]=Universal%20Sets%20%E2%80%98An%20American%20Werewolf%20in%20London%E2%80%99%20Remake%20with%20Max%20Landis%20Writing%20and%20Directing&p[summary]=] SHARE  TWEET

[Image: an-american-werewolf-in-london-slice-600x200.png]Universal is doubling down on the monster business. The studio has been hard at work setting up their A-list reboots of their classic monster films, starting with the Tom Cruise-led The Mummy, and now they’re setting up a remake of John Landis‘ 1981 horror classic, An American Werewolf in London.
Deadline reports that the studio has set up the remake Landis’ son Max Landisattached to pen the script and direct, and The Walking Dead‘s David Alpert and Robert Kirkman producing via their Skybound Entertainment banner. Per the report, John Landis and original director Anthony Waller have sealed a deal with the studio for the rights while Max Landis’ deal is still being negotiated. Todd Garner(Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse) and Matt Smith (Maleficent) are also on board to produce with John Landis executive producing.
[Image: an-american-werewolf-in-london-600x323.jpg]
Image via Universal Pictures
The original film followed a pair of friends backpacking through England, where they’re attacked by a werewolf. Without skimping on the bone-crunching, flesh-tearing genre aspects,An American Werewolf in London elevated itself to all-timer status with an equal emphasis on survivor’s guilt and the metaphysical terrors of transformation.
I’m never inclined to dismiss a project out of hand, but let’s just say this remake will have some enormous shoes to fill. The original is a classic, widely considered the best werewolf movie of all time, that boasts a hilarious, heartbreaking story along with truly groundbreaking effects from makeup maestro Rick Baker. The film launched Baker’s prodigious career, taking home the first-ever Academy Award for outstanding makeup effects. With The Walking Dead team aligned behind the remake, fans can at least feel pretty assured that the creature effects will be up to par.
Max Landis, who denied initial reports of the project a few months ago on his twitter account, previously directed the 2015 romantic comedy Me Him Her, which he also wrote. As a screenwriter, he’s found success in the genre sphere with films like Chronicle and American Ultra (which I maintain is hugely underrated) and the BBC series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, which he also produces. David Ayer is currently directing his script Bright for Netflix.

[Image: an-american-werewolf-in-london-image-600x323.jpg]
[Image: an-american-werwolf-in-london-600x337.jpg]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Quote:CNOVEMBER 22, 20169:19am PT by Borys Kit 
'John Wick' Director Chad Stahelski Tackling 'Highlander' Reboot (Exclusive)
[img=460x0]http://cdn5.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale_crop_768_433/2016/11/gettyimages-457182034-h_2016.jpg[/img]
Mike Pont/FilmMagic/Getty Images

Chad Stahelski

A search for new scribes to work with Stahelski is about to get underway.

There can be only one and, in this case, it's Chad Stahelski.
Stahelski, who, along with David Leitch, was the filmmaker behind John Wick, has signed on to direct the long-gestating reboot of Highlander for Lionsgate.
"I've been a huge fan of the original property since I saw it in high school," Stahelski told The Hollywood Reporter. "Such great themes of immortality, love, and identity are all wrapped up in such colorful mythology. I can't think of a better property that gives the opportunity to create interesting characters, mythic themes and action set pieces."
Neal H. Moritz and Peter Davis are producing the project, which could also see Stahelski and Leitch join the team via their 87Eleven production and action stunt company, though that is still to be determined.
The original 1986 Highlander pic starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings, hunting down one another and collecting more power. Lambert played Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, Connery portrayed Egyptian Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez and Clancy was a barbarian known as the Kurgan. The film — with its "There can be only one" catchphrase — spawned four sequels and three television series. 
The Highlander reboot has been in the works since 2008 when Lionsgate-owned label Summit acquired the rights. The project has seen directors such as Justin Lin, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas-Troyan pass through its doors.
But Lionsgate never gave up on what it believes could be its next big franchise. A search for new scribes to work with Stahelski is about to get underway.
Stahelski worked in the stunt world and doubled for Keanu Reeves in the Matrix movies before co-creating the stunt company 87Eleven with Leitch. They worked as second unit directors on action movies ranging from Ninja Assassin toCaptain America: Civil War and made their directorial debut with the well-regarded actioner John Wick, which starred Reeves and was released by Lionsgate.
Stehelski is coming off of directing the recently wrapped John Wick: Chapter 2. He is repped by WME and Gang Tyre.

COMMENTS
Damn you DM, beat me to it. Aren't you supposed to be vacationing or drinking whiskey or something?

--tg
There can be only one.

Plus it's quite civilized here - they have plenty of free wifi.
Quote:Kevin Smith Exits Buckaroo Banzai TV Show Over MGM Lawsuit
AMAZON BUCKAROO BANZAI KEVIN SMITH MGM TV NEWS TV PREMIERE DATES
BY MAX EVRY 
ON NOVEMBER 29, 2016

image: http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/up...247de1.jpg
[img=648x0]http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/11/fullwidth.5c247de1.jpg[/img]
Kevin Smith exits Buckaroo Banzai TV show over MGM lawsuit
Since this summer, filmmaker Kevin Smith (Yoga HosersClerks) has been developing a television version of the cult classic MGM film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension for Amazon Studios. However, Deadline is now reporting that Smith has promptly exited the Buckaroo Banzai TV show after MGM filed a federal lawsuit in California against the property’s original creator/writer Earl Mac Rauch and the 1984 film’s director W.D. Richter over complicated rights issues. The cult filmmaker/podcaster stated that he would not want to be involved with the property without the involvement of Rauch or Richter.
[/url]
[url=http://click.plista.com/redirect.php?friendid=0&frienddomainid=36881&widgetid=27331&itemid=325602610&campaignid=0&position=1&redirect=1&bv=_0_ZVFZjiUxCLvOKwmVsFlC-mx9-HGqRqNpdfKRBWOMMTO0d47DNts6PWYbC-m1zdiTY1o0zvKqZagBvHXx9qDldlIIiCTFBT1YZEeYa5tFz0CAFXGAfkfknvn2G4ih7_vGHTdcH9p-3x9cX_pyH5Y_uE0MfuN4ffFlwRIuk33o_N9WzucSetRR1f0kHoL6S3AdfSj3kMBJ58Y6ltSe1UZJhoRvgHlsgJptCGvliVE7p0F_Qk8v6zzAVdVtppK1kjJY3k0gW2SjxVMsVqpWXKxS9nv4e-zVcYJTkQ2ztzb23jzq0Kh-6xZhhAdaY2N28NhOcOvKXjWuyBGPZxocTbsfxXr-NzQlyuM3cNBN9_Q5FzjEqqJyd6VUTa2Vyu4UPfFj-DzqEC6XNe8_][Image: YoureWelcome-1.jpg]

RELATED: Kevin Smith Talks His Buckaroo Banzai Series Director Wishlist
Trending Articles
image: http://distroscale.s3.amazonaws.com/uplo...gsoon.jpeg
[Image: comingsoon.jpeg]

Trending Articles from comingsoon.net

“This is not what I signed up for,” Smith said in a Facebook video, which you can watch below in full. “I was caught off-guard [by the lawsuit]. I literally had no idea. It blows, man, because that’s the closest I’ve [come] to having my own show so far… This lawsuit comes from MGM legal — it doesn’t come from any of the people I met at MGM… I’m no longer involved. I don’t wish anybody harm; I wish all parties well. I hope these dudes come to an agreement, and if they do and they still want me involved down the road, I’ll be here. But why would they?”
Smith had previously spoken to ComingSoon.net exclusively about his ideas for the show, which involved potential guest directors like Richard Kelly, Edgar Wright and Quentin Tarantino.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/789893...KcPS3dQ.99
Harrison makes every trailer better....

Have you noticed how differently he speaks from when Blade Runner first came out and now. He's Mr. Mumbles. Or is mouth full of marbles. He needs a diction coach.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Oh what the heck Greg?!?!  First you're on me for my gravelly (yet dulcet) tones on KQED and now you're all over Han for mumbling?!  Maybe someone needs to turn his hearing aid up.   Angry
Oh, wouldn't that be an aural treat to combine your broken vocal cords with Mr. Mumbles elocution? Sign me up for that podcast. I'll play it on repeat.

You know, my second best Star Wars impression *is* Chewie.  

My first best is Yoda.  

But you knew that.
John Wick II looks like fun. John Wick the First was a pleasant surprise. A violent noir.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Post above = trailerless = boneless

Bear Shake
Why bother when I have you to do my bidding? Nice post, Cabana Boy -- now go clean the pool.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Make him pull the string!Make him pull the string!