Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Horror Novel ever.
So, they are doing an anthology series on the Television. Look what one of the episodes is going tobe. And it stars William Hurt, no less.

TNT To Air King's Nightmares

Turner Network Television (TNT) has announced that it will air a four-week limited anthology series this summer based on the work of prolific horror writer Stephen King. Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King premieres in July and will feature eight one-hour stories, the first of which will be presented commercial-free. The series will include adaptations from three of King's anthology collections: Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Everything's Eventual and Night Shift.

The eight tales include: "Umney's Last Case," starring William H. Macy (Fargo) and Jacqueline McKenzie (The 4400); "The End of the Whole Mess," starring Ron Livingston (Office Space) and Henry Thomas (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial); "Crouch End," starring Eion Bailey (Band of Brothers) and Claire Forlani (Meet Joe Black); "The Fifth Quarter," starring Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under) and Samantha Mathis (Salem's Lot); "Autopsy Room Four," starring Richard Thomas (The Waltons) and Greta Scacchi (Flightplan); "You Know They Got a Hell of a Band," starring Kim Delaney (NYPD Blue) and Steven Weber (Stephen King's The Shining); "Battleground," starring William Hurt (The Village); and "The Road Virus Heads North," starring Tom Berenger (Platoon) and Marsha Mason (The Goodbye Girl).
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Not a word was spoken . . .

It could have been a silent film. I guess they threw away all that crappy dialogue and got right to the action.

It was a note for note recreation of the story. I was doubtful about William Hurt as the assassin, but he played it older. And by gum, it worked. It probably had something to do with him being older.

It didn't add a lot to my enjoyment of the story itself. Once you know the kicker, it's pretty much a done deal and you wait for the story to end.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit