Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aladdin (2019)
I was on a plane for nine hours.

I thought the most egregious thing that Will Smith could try was to ape Robin Williams humor, but no. The thing I didn't even consider was the Will Smith can not sing. And you get that right up front with the first song. It's downhill from there.

It's the same story. It's got a lot of the same songs. They added a few new ones for the girl empowerment angle they are trying. Mostly it feels lackluster. I never felt engaged. It also had a really strange look to it. The sets felt like sets rather than real places. 

Although I'm certain they did the big Bollywood number at the end just for DM.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ya know, it’d be easier to search this if it was spelled correctly. 1 L 2 Ds.

I forgot this was Guy Ritchie. The action sequences were good. There were some surprising long take one-ers. It was Guy trying to do Bollywood and missing on that account. He can shoot a decent chase but not a dance scene.

I didn’t expect much so I wasn’t disappointed. Jasmine and ALaDDin were ok. Will was Will with some CGI steroids. I liked the handmaiden, an SNL vet Nasim Pedrad - I always thought she was talented but didn’t get enough skits. 

The sets were surreal, largely cgi. The color schemes were overblown and hideous. The music mediocre. I liked the monkey. I never ever EVER thought I’d say this but I missed Gilbert Gottfried. 

Guy doesn’t know Arabia. Any person of color fit in. There was a scene with a weapons rack in the background but they weren’t Arabic pole arms. They were Chinese. Not fooling me.

Needed a sword fight something fierce. Not DOOM recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Who spells Allah with one L?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It's Aladdin or Ali, not Allah. Did you and Guy take the same Arabia film class or something?

I see you've fixed it now. It doesn't matter though. Thanks to my correctly spelled post, this thread would pop up on a search if any DOOM bros bothered to watch this and comment. Or if they just wanted to comment without watching it, like on the poster or something.

This made me want to watch some Bollywood. I searched for something last night when my Amazon Prime locked me out, added a few titles to my queue but didn't find anything I felt I could watch for 2+ hours.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse