Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grace Under Fire
This is my latest boob tube addiction. It's a 2011 Hong Kong TV Kung Fu Soap Opera starring David Chiang as Wong Fei Hung and Olympic gymnast Liu Xuan as Mok Kwai Lan. No sword fights yet, but plenty of Kung Fu and sappy melodrama. I'm about half way through it now and just one sleepless binge night of finishing it.

You can watch it for free on Hulu: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hulu.com/grace-under-fire-hk">http://www.hulu.com/grace-under-fire-hk</a><!-- m -->

Here's Liu Xuan at the Sydney Olympics:
[youtube]c3KnfiSOdA0[/youtube]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
[youtube]Waqu7cHoroc[/youtube]
The plague story arc is lagging. Not enough Kung Fu. Sad Hopefully it'll all be cleared up soon and we can get back to more fight scenes. Wink

Time for another Liu Xuan vid:
[youtube]t2pU6XXQ9ts[/youtube]
Or is it the other way around?

So. Why don't any American gymnasts launch singing or acting careers?

Oh, right. Gymkata boy. But he doesn't count -- because I say so.

Am I forgetting someone?
I'm nobody's pony.
Salma was allegedly drafted to be part of a training program for Mexican Olympic team as a youth, but her father denied her the chance because he thought she wouldn't lead a normal life.

And Salma just turned 49 last Wednesday.

Yeah, I met Salma. It was four years ago. Well, maybe 'met' is too strong a word. I was at a premiere where she was. Got close enough to smell her. She smelled nice.

Here's a pic. You can see clearly that her eyes are saying 'let me ditch this loser and hang out with you, dm'

[Image: 306415_10150428477564363_1876037955_n.jp...e=56601B52]
You lead a rich fantasy life, DM.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Yeah, I could be there, working for Rock Med. But BART is offline this Labor Day Weekend, and the Cruz is just lovely this time of year. And I don't really care about Billy Joel.

Nevertheless....

It's just a fantasy
It's not the real thing
But sometimes a fantasy
Is all you need
Billy Joel Rocks! Or he did twenty( thirty?) years ago when I enjoyed him in concert.
I might have seen him. I have a faint memory of a Shoreline show or something. Maybe not. That may have been in the hazy years, the first Cruz period of my life.

Speaking of which, the beach is calling me now and I must answer.
Read an article in today's chron that said billy hasn't played SF since 75 at the gamh (they used to have a rocking jukebox....or was that Mitchell's next door). Anyway my memory of seeing Joel is false.

Unlike my memory of Salma which is 100% absolutely true. Honest.
I'm going to say he played the Oakland Coliseum.
Lady Cranefly ordered our latest pillows from West Point Surplus.
I'm nobody's pony.
...CF will be my spin doctor.
32 episodes and I wish there were more. But the show only ran for one season and it draws to a conclusion (it's a Chinese soap opera, so almost everyone dies by the end).

I was pretty hooked to it but I will refrain from recommending it to anyone who doesn't know Hong Kong martial arts. It gets ridiculously melodramatic, and there are spells were there is no Kung Fu for a few episodes. But I really enjoyed it.

Moving on....