Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitized our collection
Well this might not be the right place for this, but I am putting it here anyway.

I converted all of our CDs to mp3 and sold them all. I wanted to get rid of them while they were still worth something, because when I got rid of my records they gave me 25 cents each.

It got me listening to some old stuff, like my Yes albums (Starship Trooper has to be one of the ultimate songs of the 1970s), but I found it interesting that some albums that I thought were great all the way through turned out to be not that great - maybe half filler. Must be the filter of age, where the feeling is just not enough any more.

One side note - I can't stop buying CDs: Some (not new) albums are $9.99 on iTunes, but you can get a CD for maybe $2-5 plus $2-3 shipping, which is still about half the price, and you can sell it back afterwards. (I turned my nephew onto that and he was excited.)

As I see it the main gain from going all digital is environmental and having more storage space.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I have yet to digitize them all. I remember when ED did so many years ago.

Ironically, my daughter got interested in vinyl recently and asked me to dig out my turntable. I did - not sure if it still works yet - but I told her she could only have it after she cleared a space in her room, because we live in a teeny tiny bungalow now. It made me dig through my remaining vinyl collection, which is about two crates. Very amusing stuff to see now.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse