Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Swift
(10-16-2023, 02:57 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Truth

So I don’t even want to hear y’all ever talkin smack about me being a Swifty.

Like, ever.

You are fair game. Sorry. It's in the charter.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(10-16-2023, 03:03 PM)Greg Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 02:57 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Truth

So I don’t even want to hear y’all ever talkin smack about me being a Swifty.

Like, ever.

You are fair game. Sorry. It's in the charter.

fair

[Image: taylor-swift-sad.gif]

Meanwhile this is so on point for me that I might just have to start watching football...

Quote:NFL Camera Crew Cuts Away From TD Pass To Show Slow-Mo Replay Of Taylor Swift Eating Nacho
SPORTS· Oct 10, 2023 · BabylonBee.com 
Click here to view this article with reduced ads. 
[Image: 6525ac65de35b6525ac65de35c.jpg]
KANSAS CITY, MO — Local television viewers were frustrated this week due to a director's decision to have the production crew cut away from a crucial touchdown pass to instead show a slow-motion replay of recording artist Taylor Swift eating a nacho.
"Look at the flawless execution," said CBS play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz as the replay painstakingly showed Swift devouring a particularly loaded tortilla chip. "It's moments like these that we live for as football fans. We've seen nothing like it before, and in my opinion, it's unlikely we will ever see anything like it ever again. History is being played out right in front of our eyes, ladies and gentlemen."
The Chiefs took the lead on a 3rd-quarter touchdown pass from Patrick Mahomes to Rashee Rice. Since tight end Travis Kelce, Swift's current boyfriend, was not the recipient of the pass, the singer took the opportunity to dig into her nachos, giving the broadcast team the chance they had been waiting for all day. "This is the excitement everyone came here to see, Jim," said analyst Tony Romo. "I've been around this game for a long time, both as a player and now an announcer, and I'm transfixed. Absolutely awe-inspiring!"
Chiefs fans, many of whom are growing tired of the coverage of the team revolving around Swift, had strong opinions. "Get her off my TV!" shouted Chris Wilson. "I'm here to watch football, not some serial dating pop star lady!"
At publishing time, CBS had just finished airing an in-game advertisement for next week's episode of Taylor Swift Sitting in a Stadium Suite that was expected to be periodically interrupted by brief glimpses of a football game.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I think the Swift presence has had a huge impact on ratings for the NFL. It's astounding.

I'm thinking Taylor domination is just revenge for the Kanye moment at the MTV Video awards all those years ago.

I'm making my peace with the Swift-NFL crossover. Fortunately the mania has died down a little. And good for her for working hard and becoming a world wide force. It's funny to think Kelce is the powerful force in that relationship.

But when KC plays SF, I will hate with the fire of a thousand suns.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/taylor-swif...235585613/

Quote:Taylor Swift's Eras Tour Has Made Her A Billionaire
Dade Hayes

Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Has Made Her A Billionaire
[Image: Taylor-Swift-Mexico.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1]
Taylor Swift performs during an Eras Tour stop in Mexico City Hector Vivas/TAS23/Getty Images for TAS Rights Management

Taylor Swift, whose ultra-lucrative Eras Tour is still going, has officially become a billionaire.

According to a new analysis by Bloomberg News, the 33-year-old pop superstar now has a net worth of $1.1 billion. The tour is a major component of her fortune, with about $700 million in ticket sales for shows performed to date. Its 53 U.S. stops this year have contributed an estimated $4.3 billion to the country’s gross domestic product, per Bloomberg Economics. There are still 89 more shows left on the tour, which has seen tickets go for hundreds of dollars apiece.

Swift’s fame extends well beyond the concert stage, of course. This fall, she has become a force on television and in movies. After becoming romantically linked with Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, Swift has cheered him on at multiple NFL games, captured on national telecasts rooting with members of his family and other Chiefs partisans. Her concert film, a document of the Eras Tour, is closing in on $200 million at the global box office, and its $92.8 million domestic opening was the second-biggest for any October release in history.

In her native music industry, another Swift initiative in recent years has also had a significant payoff. After discovering she had no control over the master recordings of some of her most popular albums, she decided to re-record them in chronological order, with the “Taylor’s Version” of each successive album lighting up social media. A new take on 1989, an album originally released in 2014, has just come out, complete with five new “vault” tracks. Over time, these newer albums are apt to draw increasing audiences via streaming algorithms, thereby pushing up the value of the catalog rights Swift does control. Many artists have sold their catalogs for hundreds of millions of dollars in recent years.

Bloomberg describes its net worth calculation as “conservative,” saying it is based only on assets and earnings “that could be confirmed or traced from publicly disclosed figures.”

--tg
Christina wanted to see the concert movie so we gave it a shot. We lasted about five minutes. We both found her stage persona to be very off-putting. I'm not sure I can explain it. I guess I would say she seemed like a robot that was extremely proud of itself for its simulation of human emotion. Very much "eww" inducing for both of us.

The songs didn't really register much. And it seemed more like karaoke than a concert. Was there a band somewhere under the enormous stage, or was it all recorded?
the hands that guide me are invisible
As someone put it on Threads, "I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but I am a fan of Taylor Swift"

Fair enough.
the hands that guide me are invisible
As the token taytay swifty in D00M, haters gonna hate.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse