Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saratoga Visits!
My sister is throwing a retirement party for herself tomorrow. She told me I had to be there to help out by cooking the burgers and hot dogs. If she hadn't of asked, I certainly wouldn't have attended. My older sister will be there, with who relationships are currently chilly and, of course, my mother will be there. Should be a hoot.

I'm hitting Jakes at 11 and then on to the Castle. If the party wasn't so late in the day, I might have turned around after the party and gone home. But no. I'll be leaving presto pronto on Saturday morning.

It has been just under a year since last I stepped foot in the Castle.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Maybe hire some dogsbody on Task Rabbit to fill in for you...?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Too late. Plus my sister asked for a favor.....

Ah. Got it. Roberta has earned many.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
And I'm back to the Lair. No blood was spilled. Always a plus.

The party went off fine. I think middle sister needed about 100 more people to attend to eat all the food and drink we brought. We still had about fifty drinks left in the margarita machine with a whole batch waiting on deck. There are still twenty burgers left to go in the freezer. Eldest sister bought three salads. There were drumsticks, chips, and dips. Lots of charcuterie plates. And then people brought food as well. When people left, I returned the food to them they brought because it was going to be eaten. Or in the case of the watermelon beer and White Claws, weren't going to be drunk. Ever.

There is still a gallon and half of tequila left. When they told me the margarita machine used two gallons of tequila per batch, I knew we were doomed to have too much. Eldest sister bought thirty hotdogs and 60 hotdog buns. So, I will still assume math is not her strong point.

And I don't know DM deals with his mom. I had three interactions with my mother and I was ready to push her into the pool. I did overhear Eldest Sister talk to Kaiser about my mother's chronic conditions and knew I would probably push Kaiser into the pool as well.

The house isn't in great shape. I spotted lots of damage that will need to be fixed. I spotted millions of things for the dumpster. And they still have boxes right next to the furnace. I have mentioned in the past how this is a safety problem but... well, you know.

It's good to be back at the Lair. As a matter of fact, I did have leftover Jake's for lunch. Which reminds the first thing the harbinger of bad things said to me was "Did you know Jake's was closing?" Great. I found no mention of this on line.

"Blah, blah, family, blah blah booze blah food, blah, blah, sister, blah, blah, pool punishment, blah, blah JAKE'S IS CLOSING?!?!?!?!?!?

You could have just lead with this one, you know.
I was building drama.