Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cutting Season by Arthur Rosenfeld
Quote:Rosenfeld weaves a brain surgeon swordsman with Taoist Jews, Russian mobsters and reincarnation into a smart martial arts thriller that sets a new standard for the genre. The Cutting Season shimmers like damascus steel on a moonlit night. With a cup of high mountain tea and some gourmet chocolate, [some clever comment goes here]

I just finished the galley and promised Arthur a cover quote. I thought I had something, but now I think it's too cheesy. Maybe it'll come to me tomorrow...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
To call it cheesy, would be to undersell it.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I sell to martial artists. They love cheese. Pudding is for knickerboys.

Quote:A brain surgeon swordsman battles with Taoist Jews, Russian mobsters, and his own reincarnations beneath a Florida hurricane. Settle back with a cup of high mountain tea, a bite of gourmet chocolate and this smart martial arts thriller. Rosenfeld has set a refreshing new standard for martial arts fiction.
Or did DM just put in the same quote in two out of the last three Posts?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Settle back with a cup of high mountain tea, a bite of gourmet chocolate and this smart martial arts thriller -- or if you're hardcore, assume a low horse stance.

--crane "I can't stop editing" fly
I'm nobody's pony.
That's a good edit tho. I would've used it. Arthur loved the quote. It'll be my second cover quote, if the publishers opt to use it. My favorite part of the book is towards the end, where this kid busts out a 2005 Year of the Cock shirt, ala our controversial KFM shirt (lost a few readers on that one, but we couldn't resist).
Yours is a very good quote. He should be pleased.

I know writers who just take the money and pun.

Was it Stephen King who used the following?
"I have seen the future, and it is {name of latest horror hack}."

I'd love to make money that way....
I'm nobody's pony.
...it's more about shameless self promotion by promoting some one else's work. Many publishers try to keep the cover quotes 'in house' so we'll see if this one actually makes it. The publisher is YMAA.
I was going to correct myself, because I made it sound like most blurbs are paid for. In fact, most of them are done as favors, either between writers or at the request of a publisher. The heavy hitters, though, like Stephen King, do get paid.

Or so I thought.
I did a web search and found this.

http://www.starrigger.net/blurbs.htm
I'm nobody's pony.