Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thor: Love and Thunder
Such nepotism.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow! The screaming goats are canon.

Quote:[b]Thor: Love and Thunder[/b] is a kitchen sink full of imaginative delights. From Bao gods to Thor-powered kids, this movie splashes [b]Taika Waititi[/b]'s creative genius all over the screen at every turn. One of the funniest elements of the movie, though, is Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) gigantic screaming goats! But these raucous giants aren't unique to this movie. They were originally introduced in the Thor comics.

Known in the comics as Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher, these mystical goats are based on Tanngnjóstr and Tanngrisnir of Norse mythology. They first appear in 1976's Thor Annual Vol. 1 #5 amidst the War of the Gods. Primarily stationed at the helm of Thor's chariot, traveling him across realms, Toothgrider and Toothgnasher are insanely powerful beings. Powerful enough to damage Mjölnir at will. They can also each be reborn if they've been eaten, that is unless a bone has been broken in that process. So, they can be reborn if killed in very particular circumstances. Loki does, at a certain point in the comics, also magically resurrect Toothgnasher after War of the Realms. A thoughtful gift to brother Thor. At another point, Thor also instructs Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder to guard Mjölnir. While all of these powerful attributes and exciting happenstances aren't all leveraged in the plot of Thor: Love and Thunder, the summer blockbuster does use these two loud and excitable goats to impeccable comedic affect.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Um? That was supposed to be a Greek accent? Seriously?

Quote:
  • Russell Crowe wanted to play Zeus with a Greek accent.

• However, Waititi wasn't sold and had him shoot his scenes once in a Greek accent and then in a British accent.

• "Russell was right all along," Waititi said. They went with the Greek accent.
It might seem like a no-brainer that Russell Crowe would be speaking with a Greek accent to play Zeus in "Thor: Love and Thunder," but writer-director Taika Waititi wasn't convinced when they shot the movie.
In fact, Crowe did all his scenes twice, one time with a Greek accent and a second time with a British accent, Waititi told Insider.
"We actually talked at length about the accent," he said. "We wondered if someone did a Greek accent of a Greek god, is it going to be a farce? Will it be too silly?"
However, Crowe was very much in the camp of doing the god with a Greek accent. So Waititi came up with a compromise.
"We ended up doing two versions of every take with Russell," he said. "One in a Greek accent and then another in a British accent. Because I felt people would think Zeus would sound British like Laurence Olivier in "Clash of the Titans." In the 1981 movie based on the Greek myth of Perseus, English actor Olivier plays Zeus.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Everyone shoulda just done NZ accents. 

That's hilarious about the screaming goats. Nice find!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I woulda sworn Russel Crowe was doing an All-Purpose Mediterranean Accent or an Italian accent. It was still funny, though.

It was a very enjoyable film. Taika is a very good director.

I did not recognize Christian Bale. He did a great job, though.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.