Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCVD
(12-15-2017, 06:02 AM)Greg Wrote: ThatGuy originally posted it, not you.

True but I'm all  Big Grin because I thought I commented on it too. And I did.

Only the pilot was available last year. The rest is new. I'm eager to start watching the full season and will likely start watching over the holidays.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Ah.

I think I've woken up cranky. Although that's not new.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Watched ep 2 season 1. It didn't live up to the pilot, but it did have enough amusing moments for me to watch more.
Seen. It's only 6 30 min eps including the pilot so not like trying to binge season upon season of many other shows. The pilot remains the strongest. The rest of the season has moments of hysterical JCVD self deprecating parody as well as examples of JCVD actually acting. His face has matured to deliver some surprisingly emotional moments given the absurd context. Fight choreography is unimpressive, but there's some colorful sanguinous moments. And it goes a lot of places because the distinction between JCVD and JCVJ is muddled by SPOILER jcvv, filip & time cop END SPOILER. The pacing kept me invested because just as it might slide into a mediocre actioner, some funny JCVD nod would play out and make me grin. I imagine it really only works if you have a good grasp of JCVD and his legacy. If you liked the film JCVD (2008), I recommend this. If you haven't seen that, you should. Otherwise, give this a pass.
Cancelled by amazon prime. Bummer.

Maybe Netflix will pick it up.
I thought we had a JVCD thread? DM will find it.

In the meantime, enjoy this 9 minute cut of all of JVCD's films. I was good for about 2 minutes. But all it shows is JVCD posing or standing. Not an action sequence up to that point. I did stay in long enough to see the one JVCD film I worked on, Nowhere to Run

brah...

http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=1379

There's also this http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4296

And several individual film reviews...
See? I don't need a search engine when I have DM.

You are just proving my point.

I noticed when merging all these threads together that the first post was thirteen years ago,

(01-15-2021, 02:24 PM)Greg Wrote: the first post was thirteen years ago,
[Image: giphy.gif]

There are more of his films reviewed here too. But no need to merge those. Heck, I wouldn't have merged the Jean Claude Van Johnson thread - I just posted it here because I think more DOOM should see it.