Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Marley
Slogans by Bob Marley (with Eric Clapton)

I'm a confessed Marley addict.  I blame ED.  Years ago, he got me to buy this CD bootleg from Germany of a live Marley show.  It turned out to be his final show, and it was incredible.  Since then, I've amassed a large Marley collection - hard-to-finds, live shows, remixes, rediscovery tracks - not quite 100 CDs but close.  I have his most prized track Selassie is the Chapel, only released on a few vinyls originally.  I have his White Christmas cover.  I have his What's new Pussycat cover.  When I served as sermonizer for Jennifer Bailey's wedding, they compensated me by giving me the whole re-release catalog of Tuff Gong's label, and I treasure that collection to this day. 

I'm shocked.  SHOCKED.  I don't have Slogans.

Slogans is a spin on one of my favorite Marley riddems, Jah Live.  The lyrics are classic Marley, even more relevant now then when he first sung them - prophetic, eternal.  They've overdubbed in Clapton; I guess because he ripped off Marley's Sheriff with an horridly insipid 'slow hand version.  I'd like to hear this Slogans stripped of Clapton's overdubs.  It's going to be released with a whole bunch of other singles - those I probably have - out of Tuff Gong, with some remixes by one of the Black Eyed Peas.  I have serious issues with the BEP.  But I'm Tuff Gong loyal.  There's also some sort of mash up of a Get Up Stand Up and Jamrock, that Jr. Gong tune I was so into this summer. 

Now you know what to get me for Xmas.  Big Grin
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've already bought you the Napolean Dynamite talking key chain.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
https://front.framestore-cfc.com/e3646fe...0433-4df96
Heart Confusedmt016 Confusedmt045
Have you bought Africa Unite: The Singles Collection (US Version)?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
..it's big on the xmas list...
Happy Birthday Bob!

I did get invited to the screener of ONE LOVE - twice! There was an early one several weeks ago then another next week, but I'm going to get a ticket for this like a normal person.