Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead & Co
I missed Dead & Co's SF NY shows because I was in Spain.

Dead & Co have two local shows in July:
JUL 27 Sleeptrain Amp in Chula Vista
JUL 29 Toyota Amp in Wheatland
JUL 30 Shoreline Amp in Mtn View

I have a wedding I have to be at on the 30th.  The reception dinner is at the Fairmont in SF.  The RM supe of Shoreline has been begging me to come.  I said I'd make it if I could, but I'd be in a 3-piece & tie, and it would be late.  I'll be chauffeuring my mom and some cousins from Hawaii, so it'll be really late.  I've dropped in at SLA in a suit before, but that's just licence to pose.  Heck, after ED's wedding, I went to Frost Amp (Stanford) in full tux.  That was really fun.  

As for the two prior shows, both venues are a long way from my bungalow.  

Actually, the real reason why I'm posting this now is because someone just sent me this:
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
@ Fillmore 5/23/16

Um, I'm gonna tell ya about this later because I have to be up in 5 hours for work and I don't want to pass out in the middle of a post like
Son of of gun.  Another DM (dangling monk).

Guess I better visit a bed too, now that the photons are sleeping.
I'm nobody's pony.
We got a speeding ticket on the way up hwy 1.  major bumout.  they can pop you when they are coming the opposite direction now.  chp came over a ridge too fast for my driver to slow down.  

Dead & Co at the Mo was touted as a 'free' show.  Anyone could log on and get free tix.  I only know one person who actually got tix.  The rest, like me, all had an 'in'.  So it was all core deadhead family.

Set 1: St. Steph, Bucket, Rain & Snow, Loose Lucy (w/Sammy Hagar on vocals), Queen Jane, Brown Eyed
Break was really short (thankfully because they started late)
Set 2: Big Railroad Blues, Estimated>Dark Star>Other One, Days Between, China>Rider
E: Brokedown

Mayer can jam but just traditional rock jams, nothing psychedelic at all.  Otiel is good on bass, complex, but has the same issue.  So the songs all sound like the studio stuff.  They faltered on Dark Star, the dead's trippiest song, and I totally predicted Other One half way through because they were being so obvious.  They should stick to jammy rockers, like China>rider.
What? No Touch of Gray? I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Although I do like Bucket (If that is the Bob Weir going to hell in a bucket song)
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm