Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Money
The TQOOT week continues.

Dumb Money is the money institutional investors call retail investors. This movie is about the GameStock stock craze that happened in 2020 at the end of the pandemic where a bunch of retail investors drove up the price of Gamestock and cost institutional investors billions who had shorted the stock. That is it. The movie is told from various view points, including the guy who first touted the stock to the institutional investors who shorted the stock and a bunch of investors in between. The cast is really good including Seth Rogen, mostly because he has to play it straight. Paul Dano plays the initial investor and I still don't know why he keeps getting these big roles in films.

The problem for the film is that you wait for the payout and it's not all that big. If you want to watch investors, watch the Big Short. This one has lots of shots of Dano in a chair saying I'm not going to sell.

No sword fights.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I was pondering whether this was worth the watch. Sounds like a pass.

You know, when my wife is away, I watch a crapton of ultravi & gratuitous cinema, not stuff like this. Just sayin...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Don't judge me.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

D00M literally means 'Judgment'

Don't be a whiner.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse