Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Switch
We started with Stacy attempting to watch A Christmas Story again because she saw it on NYTs favorite Xmas movies. I reminded her she had tried to watch it many years ago but bailed. I know this film all too well because it came out during my MQ6 years and we all memorized it. It hasn’t held up well. Stacy bailed maybe 20 mins in to make Irish coffees. We were sad to discover our Bailey’s expired last year but at least we had good coffee & Powers. 

We were both huge fans of Alias so we decided to check in on Sydney (aka J Garner). It’s that ol’ parent/kid body swap cliche. Emma Myers (Enid from Wednesday) is the daughter, Ed Helm is the dad. Rita Moreno is the mystic and Howie Mandel has a forgettable cameo as a talent scout.

This film delivers exactly what it promises - a sugary family Christmas tale. There’s been some complaints about an incest scene when Jennifer and Ed must kiss (but they’re really sis & bro) and it’s a painful example of how messed up cancel culture can be. The best part is the dog and baby swap too. It’s done with mediocre cgi, but it had potential to be an even funnier movie than this. There’s a few good Easter eggs - a reference to 13 going on 30 and Emma teasing the Wednesday dance, but on the whole, a very predictable story, not likely to become an Xmas classic, maybe a tiny notch better than a hallmark film because of Jennifer’s fart scene and when she kicks her coworker in the jewels.

Not D00M recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Asked and answered.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

But didja ask? 

The ng at the end were funny, particularly Jennifer trying to burp.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(12-25-2023, 11:02 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: But didja ask? 

The ng at the end were funny, particularly Jennifer trying to burp.

See A Christmas Story post.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm