Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadloch
http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...2#pid65252

2 episodes in. It's just like the trailer. A silly whodunnit with lots of tropes, the main one being the big cop in the small town, a la Hot Fuzz, but it's pretty funny. The aussies just have a funny way of saying things and there are some great zingers, like "did your fontanelle not close!"

The scope of the crime keeps expanding and I don't yet have any idea who dunnit. 

--tg
It's on the list.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ep 4 - fencing joke! (Funnier with captions on)

--tg
Crap. Caught up...now we have to wait for more episodes to be released...

--tg
I caught Ep01 last night. Quirky. But I enjoyed it. Everyone has issues even Kevin.

Ep 02 I'm not sure. I'm beginning to really dislike the visiting detective. There are some interesting characters but I'm a hard time following. I might have to turn on closed captioning to get all the dialogue I'm missing.

(06-23-2023, 10:10 AM)Greg Wrote: I might have to turn on closed captioning to get all the dialogue I'm missing.

I do that all the time with everything now.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
With the Aussie dialect, you almost have to turn on the captions. There's a lot going on to miss. I'm really enjoying this show. The writing is great. The casting/acting also pretty good. The characters seem very (VERY) Santa Cruz to me. The Darwin investigator gets more likable. 

Keep watching...Recommended.

--tg
Much better with the captions on.

Ep03 Still a lot of yelling between detective and sergeant. I think the ME is the next one to go. Or he should.

Saw Ep04 and Ep05. The vulgarity wears on me. There was one tremendously funny scene in the interrogation room when a man's secret is revealed. Sven could be the best character in the show. Although, I'm partial to Officer Abby as well since she is the one doing the detecting. She needs to kick her Forensic boyfriend to the curb.

They are now focusing on who I thought would be the killer. Kind of hope this wraps up in the next episode.

Ep06 Things are ramping. Dulcie needs to lose her wife. Eddie needs to finally have sex with that man. The CC makes all the difference. Abby is still my favorite character followed closely by Sven.

Ep08 And that's a wrap. The show concludes nicely. Eddie was still annoying. I thought the Inspector and his men were a bit cartoonish but that's maybe how women feel they are being depicted in a lot of shows. Not a great series but it was diverting. Thank god for Captions.

Finished. Enjoyed it. I never guessed the murderer. Enjoyed the epilogue. Will there be a second season?

--tg

Season extras