Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupin
E2 was preposterous, like even more preposterous than previous preposterousness for this show. But I’m still down. A good twist emerged.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
E3 out preposteroused the previous eps preposterousness. I mean really - guessing the code to crack a safe at the very last minute - that was the plan? Oh lawd - I sound like Greg.

Still watching tho. It’s preposterousness continues to entertain.
E4 was a bit of a filler ep, a betrayal and set up for things to come. There was a character named Tara Xang which in French sounds a lot like our daughter’s name.
E6 was great mostly because I foresaw a plot twist and that made me happy. Building for that finale.
E7: All tied up neatly with some nice reunion moments and just desserts for the baddies. The finale is set on the Arc de Triumph which is a bit silly touristy but if it was good enough for John Wick…
And in the end, the door is open for another season. 

We were entertained.
The betrayal annoyed me. I thought it seemed out of character for Asane or just a lazy way to up the ante.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Yeah that kinda bugged me too. I wanted it to be part of a duplicitous master plan but it comes off as a botched heist and a flailing resolution. On the whole, I felt like S3 forced us to accept more, and it was pushing the edge with that.
Well, that's the big problem with a lot of (non-sitcom) shows - they have to push it a little more each season. The trick is to stop before it goes too far. Hopefully they can do that.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Kinda borderline this season, especially towards the end. We still enjoy it though. It’s so park-your-brain-outside and Paris is lovely. Plus I read some Lupin researching this show when tasked to write about it when it came out, so it still strikes a cord for me.