Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Christmas Chronicles (Netflix 2018)
It's Christmas. Let's roll the dice and see if we can come up with another perennial Christmas Classic. And maybe that's what this film will become.

Since, I am dead inside, I don't see that happening. Again, I might not be the target demographic for this movie. It certainly skews younger. It's about believing in Santa Claus.

It also seems like a tired plot. Let's see if can catch Santa in the act on Christmas Eve. And they do. But they ruin the delivery of gifts. So then they have to help Santa deliver the gifts. In the end, they all get the gifts they most want. Along the way, they explain how Santa is able to do the things he does. There is time travel, a magic bag, and Santa can dematerialize.

Kurt Russel does a good job of being Santa and constantly complaining that he is in much better shape that Santa is usually depicted. He brings the joy of Santa to all the adults he meets, reawakening the joy they felt when they were younger.

But, no. I'm not putting this on my annual Christmas Movie Queue.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I thought too many overlong shots to show the great sets/cgi, and some needless action sequences, and him singing, and I'm not crazy about children in lead roles. Other than that, not bad. Not going to be classic.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I was amused by the cameo of Mrs. Claus at the end.

Thanks, KB for not letting me be the only one who saw this.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm