Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illang: The Wolf Brigade
First the trailer:

Some K-flick action.  Set less than a decade in the future, the Koreas try reunification and the U.S., China, Japan and Russia complain.  But that really doesn't have much to do with it. Just like the trailer, it doesn't get into what this film is about. Inside Korea, there's a terrorist group called the Sect and a Special police force to deal with them, plus there's the Wolf Brigade - some sort of assassination underground conspiracy.  It's not really sci-fi despite being in the future.  It's more of a cat and mouse actioner.  The only tech is that the Special force has cool black stormtrooper armor with glowing red eyes that not only actually resists bullets but can even deflect bazooka rounds.  That's kinda cool.  

This film shines where K-flicks always shine.  The action is awesome.  There's some fresh twists, some cinematic flair, some foreign architecture, some sappy romance, and some brutal firefights.  I enjoyed that action scenes.  There's better K-flicks out there but this one was entertaining, albeit a tad long-winded when the action wasn't going.

A netflixer.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Good to know; I’ve been giving that one the old Yeti Side-Eye.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Just watch the opening fire fight scene in the sewer. If that hooks you, you’ll watch the rest. That’s what happened to me.  It’s some tasty ultravi.
(11-18-2018, 10:01 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: I’ve been giving that one the old Yeti Side-Eye.

I hate that look -  Dodgy Confused Confused

Ii forgot to mention that there's this underlying theme of Red Riding Hood.  At first, I thought the red hood was a bit of a poach from Schindler's List - and it so was at the start - but it develops into something bigger, like big nails and big teeth.  I enjoyed how that was used, not overdone, just enough to hold it together, very K-flick.